Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

ad

Default Award Hardwood floor problem

Hi,

I had the Award hardwood floors installed (with ceramic in the top
layer) (glued on slab) a few years ago. At that time, there were minor
problems like gaps in planks but I was shocked recently when a small
drip in the bathroom caused some water to go under the floor. I think,
because it had notched glue pattern underneath, water travelled
several feet and in few days the floor became black and raised up
inches off the slab. It is being thrown into the garbage at this
time...

Anybody out there has had similar experience?

I have oak hardwood all over the house which is spotless (age - 30
years).

Company, as expected, did not cover this under its lifetime warranty.

AJ

On 30 Nov 2004 12:45:28 -0800, someone wrote:

Company, as expected, did not cover this under its lifetime warranty.

Not surprised, how big a "drip" should they cover - characterizing it
as a "small" drip seems to be emphasizing the rate of flow, but what
was the DURATION? I wouldn't expect that a wood floor would be
warranteeed against prolonged wetting.

Actually a "big leak" could have been better - something that was too
much to be bsaorbed under the floor, something that would have been
obvious and forced you to fix immediately. Constantly submerged wood
lasts indefinitely - its damp or repeatedly wetted wood that
deteriorates quickly.