Edward Lomax

Default Looking to rent workshop space in metro Atlanta

Hello, Everyone.

I recently moved to the metropolitan Atlanta area (Decatur) and am
living in a small apartment. I would like to continue learning to work
wood, make sawdust AND keep my neighbors happy.

I am looking to rent a small to medium-sized heated and powered workshop
space where I can use my almost complete set of basic hand and portable
power tools to complete a few furniture projects.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or assistance from folks out
there who live in the metro Atlanta area as to where I should look or
who I should contact to find and rent heated and powered workshop space.

Please feel free to send email to me directly as well as to this
newsgroup.

Thanks.
Jim Behning

Go to Highland Hardware in Virginai Highlands and ask. They are the
best wodworking hardware store. They are actually a hardware store
second, woodworking first. I thought I had seen shops for rent at one
time or another when visiting there. Pick up some info on the
woodworkers guild or the turners guild. Somone may have some better
answers for you.

Are you actually asking to rent a 12x20 garage from someone to work
in? If you go to a church start by asking there.

The Smith Hardware at 601 East College Avenue is the best
non-woodworking hardware store in your neighborhood.

Kentec Megatools
535 Indian Trail Road
Lilburn, GA 30047
has a bunch of wooodworking tools. They have woodworking club
meetings on Saturday mornings.

Edward Lomax wrote:

Hello, Everyone.

I recently moved to the metropolitan Atlanta area (Decatur) and am
living in a small apartment. I would like to continue learning to work
wood, make sawdust AND keep my neighbors happy.

I am looking to rent a small to medium-sized heated and powered workshop
space where I can use my almost complete set of basic hand and portable
power tools to complete a few furniture projects.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or assistance from folks out
there who live in the metro Atlanta area as to where I should look or
who I should contact to find and rent heated and powered workshop space.

Please feel free to send email to me directly as well as to this
newsgroup.

Thanks.

alexy

Jim Behning wrote:

Go to Highland Hardware in Virginai Highlands and ask. They are the
best wodworking hardware store. They are actually a hardware store
second, woodworking first. I thought I had seen shops for rent at one
time or another when visiting there. Pick up some info on the
woodworkers guild or the turners guild. Somone may have some better
answers for you.

Good advice here. And while I always prefer HH, don't discount Rockler
(about 1 mi outside the perimeter on Roswell Road) and Woodcraft (400
and Holcomb Bridge) as info sources as well.

Strong second for the Woodworkers Guild of GA,
http://www.woodworkersguildofga.org/index.shtml

Edward Lomax wrote:

Hello, Everyone.

I recently moved to the metropolitan Atlanta area (Decatur) and am
living in a small apartment. I would like to continue learning to work
wood, make sawdust AND keep my neighbors happy.

I am looking to rent a small to medium-sized heated and powered workshop
space where I can use my almost complete set of basic hand and portable
power tools to complete a few furniture projects.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or assistance from folks out
there who live in the metro Atlanta area as to where I should look or
who I should contact to find and rent heated and powered workshop space.

Please feel free to send email to me directly as well as to this
newsgroup.

Thanks.

SonomaProducts.com

Try Craigslist.com for the Atlanta area. Under housing.

In the SF Bay Area there are always several listing for shared
workspace. I didn't see anything like that on a first search for
"woodworking" but "Workshop" did turn up several possibilites for space
at least.

$550 / 760ft=B2 - Workshop with high ceiling-drive in
garage-Water,gas,elect.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/off/65406644.html

Paul C. Proffitt

Jim Behning wrote:

(snip)

Kentec Megatools
535 Indian Trail Road
Lilburn, GA 30047
has a bunch of wooodworking tools. They have woodworking club
meetings on Saturday mornings.

That would be the Gwinnett Woodworkers Association
(http://www.gwinnettwoodworkers.com). We have well over 100 members. As
noted we meet every Saturday morning at Kentec / Stone Mountain Power
Tools from 8 AM to 9:30 AM. Our class schedule is published on the web
site. Visitors are always welcome. We also have special interest
groups involved with scroll sawing, turning, radial arm saw usage and
computers (usage related to woodworking) that meet in addition to the
regular Saturday meeting.