max

Default Jointer parts needed

I just bought a Delta Rockwell Crescent 8 inch jointer and need some parts.
The serial number is 7118-a and I believe it is a model 37-300. There is a
round 4 knife cutter head that is missing all of the knives, throat blocks,
and retaining screws. I called Delta and a couple of the people that
advertise old parts and could not find them. Does any one have an old head
that they removed or maybe sketches of the parts so I can make them?
Thanks
max

Unisaw A-100

max wrote:
I just bought a Delta Rockwell Crescent 8 inch jointer and need some parts.
The serial number is 7118-a and I believe it is a model 37-300. There is a
round 4 knife cutter head that is missing all of the knives, throat blocks,
and retaining screws. I called Delta and a couple of the people that
advertise old parts and could not find them. Does any one have an old head
that they removed or maybe sketches of the parts so I can make them?

Let's start with who you called.

UA100

max

I called Delta and they did try but told me all of the parts I needed except
for the knives were no longer available. I called Ed Keating at JES tech and
he will not be back until the 4th. I found a site (from OWM) that has
exploded views and some parts for these things and the parts list say these
parts are no long available. They will supply a whole new cutter head for
$800. I did find some patent drawings showing what the parts might look
like. There is one very nice person who owns one of these and he will make a
drawing of the throat blocks for me. I don't know what the rest of the parts
look like.
max

max wrote:
I just bought a Delta Rockwell Crescent 8 inch jointer and need some parts.
The serial number is 7118-a and I believe it is a model 37-300. There is a
round 4 knife cutter head that is missing all of the knives, throat blocks,
and retaining screws. I called Delta and a couple of the people that
advertise old parts and could not find them. Does any one have an old head
that they removed or maybe sketches of the parts so I can make them?

Let's start with who you called.

UA100

max

I am seriously thinking about buying that head and trying to adapt it. While
I had Delta on the phone I asked one of the techs if it would fit and he
said no. I am considering it though anyway.
Thanks
max

Here's something i came across looking for parts on Ebay last night. Maybe
it'll fit your machine? --dave
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4367567 281&r
d=1