Don

Default Any Online Sources?

Any favorite online sources for sandpaper products and hard and soft woods?
These things seem to be vacant or enormously expensive around here.
Thanks.

Seems like I'm buying more and more stuff online as the buying of stuff in
person becomes more and more frustrating / disappointing.

AAvK

Any favorite online sources for sandpaper products and hard and soft woods?
These things seem to be vacant or enormously expensive around here.
Thanks.
Seems like I'm buying more and more stuff online as the buying of stuff in person becomes more and more frustrating /
disappointing.

couple place 'round here want a $1.35 a sheet!

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

WillR

Don wrote:
Any favorite online sources for sandpaper products and hard and soft woods?
These things seem to be vacant or enormously expensive around here.
Thanks.

Seems like I'm buying more and more stuff online as the buying of stuff in
person becomes more and more frustrating / disappointing.

Where's here - generally? Our advice may not be relevant...

Some of the companies on the links carry rolls. Now that My lathe is
working I will probably dig out more suppliers for that stuff.. Someday.

http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/linksbusiness.htm

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
mac davis

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:39:36 GMT, "Don" wrote:

Any favorite online sources for sandpaper products and hard and soft woods?
These things seem to be vacant or enormously expensive around here.
Thanks.

Seems like I'm buying more and more stuff online as the buying of stuff in
person becomes more and more frustrating / disappointing.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com

check out the bargain boxes and surplus stuff, too..

very good paper at a great price..

If you do turning, check out the turners "roll end" box... 20 pounds of med and
fine roll ends for less than $30 US...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
jo4hn

Don wrote:
Any favorite online sources for sandpaper products and hard and soft woods?
These things seem to be vacant or enormously expensive around here.
Thanks.

Seems like I'm buying more and more stuff online as the buying of stuff in
person becomes more and more frustrating / disappointing.

I generally buy abrasives from Klingspor's
(http://www.woodworkingshop.com/). The only wood I bought on line was
from Hartzell's in Lime Spring IA
(http://www.hartzellwoodstock.bigstep.com/). Both have good product and
service at a reasonable price.
mahalo,
jo4hn

Don

"WillR" wrote in message
Don wrote:
Any favorite online sources for sandpaper products and hard and soft
woods?
These things seem to be vacant or enormously expensive around here.
Thanks.

Seems like I'm buying more and more stuff online as the buying of stuff
in person becomes more and more frustrating / disappointing.

Where's here - generally? Our advice may not be relevant...

Cape Coral, FL
Was gonna buy some new 4"x36" belts for my sander at Lowes but they want
almost $6 apiece for them.
There has to be a less expensive source.

Some of the companies on the links carry rolls. Now that My lathe is
working I will probably dig out more suppliers for that stuff.. Someday.

http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/linksbusiness.htm

Thanks, I'll check em out.

Don

Thanks!
I used to get catalogs from a company called, something like *Sand & Grit*,
anybody ever heard of them?

"jo4hn" wrote in message
news
Don wrote:
Any favorite online sources for sandpaper products and hard and soft
woods?
These things seem to be vacant or enormously expensive around here.
Thanks.

Seems like I'm buying more and more stuff online as the buying of stuff
in person becomes more and more frustrating / disappointing.

I generally buy abrasives from Klingspor's
(http://www.woodworkingshop.com/). The only wood I bought on line was
from Hartzell's in Lime Spring IA
(http://www.hartzellwoodstock.bigstep.com/). Both have good product and
service at a reasonable price.
mahalo,
jo4hn

Duane Bozarth

Don wrote:

Thanks!
I used to get catalogs from a company called, something like *Sand & Grit*,
anybody ever heard of them?

Nope...as noted by others, Klingspor is about as good as it gets for
individuals not buying large quantity bulk--good quality at
comparatively cheap prices.

I'll note that if you don't use belts at a fairly reasonable rate the
adhesive tape used may fail early on really old belts...For a plethora
of reasons I had one of the assortment boxes that hadn't been used up
for a number of years and when I finally got around to needing them,
they wouldn't hold for more than 5-10 minutes. Conversation w/ Klingspor
technical support revealed they (actually the adhesive manufacturer
from) won't warrant the adhesive for over a year. Long story short,
plan on using what you buy in a couple of years, at most...

But there's no better quality at the price for the individual/small
shop, imo...

Online Sheet-Metal Layout Center Opens Andrew Metalworking 0 July 9th 04 03:28 PM
Determining Geologic Sources of Native American Copper Yuri Kuchinsky Metalworking 92 June 23rd 04 05:21 PM
Online Leather Suppliers RzB UK diy 4 September 10th 03 06:18 PM
Building custom kitchen - need sources for cabinet without doorsor shelves Matt Mason Home Repair 12 July 17th 03 05:06 AM
OT Why do all terrorists seem to drive Nissans? Don Thompson Metalworking 11 July 15th 03 08:50 AM