Tom Watson

Default FS: Tools

I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I
want to sell.

There will be more, when I get more time.

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page50.htm

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Lee Michaels

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I
want to sell.

There will be more, when I get more time.

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page50.htm

If you give up all your tools, you will become

Thomas J. Watson - NEKID -WoodDorker

covering my eyes

Tom Watson

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:39:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
.. .
I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I
want to sell.

There will be more, when I get more time.

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page50.htm

If you give up all your tools, you will become

Thomas J. Watson - NEKID -WoodDorker

covering my eyes

Nup. I be keepin' the Unisaur anna planer (Wrecklish Translation:
Planner) and the coolest Neander stuff.

Prolly get some more Neander stuff.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Teamcasa

"Tom Watson"
I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I
want to sell.

Tom, eBay?

BTW Skil 77 for a $150 - Is it a MAG77 and still new in the box?
It just crossed my eye as I just bought two Skil MAG77's new for $139.ea

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Tom Watson

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:36:17 -0800, "Teamcasa"
wrote:

"Tom Watson"
I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I
want to sell.

Tom, eBay?

BTW Skil 77 for a $150 - Is it a MAG77 and still new in the box?
It just crossed my eye as I just bought two Skil MAG77's new for $139.ea

I only told my wife that I'd "try" to sell some of the tools.

I didn't say how hard...

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Teamcasa

I only told my wife that I'd "try" to sell some of the tools.

I didn't say how hard...

Best asnwer to date!

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:39:52 -0500, the inscrutable "Lee Michaels"
spake:

If you give up all your tools, you will become

Thomas J. Watson - NEKID -WoodDorker

covering my eyes

At those price, Thomas J. Watson - RICH & NEKKID WoodDorker

--
EAT SOYLENT McD!
----------------------
patrick conroy

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Will the Swing Psychometer be able to tell me when to take my meds?
Right now tracking my Haldol blood levels is hard...

Dave in Fairfax

Tom Watson wrote:
snip
Nup. I be keepin' the Unisaur anna planer (Wrecklish Translation:
Planner) and the coolest Neander stuff.
Prolly get some more Neander stuff.

I'm going to be antiquing my way up the E coast here in a few
days, anything you want me to keep my eyes open for? Hit me back
channel if you want to talk about it, and I'll give you a cell
phone number as well.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Patriarch

Tom Watson wrote in
:

snip

Nup. I be keepin' the Unisaur anna planer (Wrecklish Translation:
Planner) and the coolest Neander stuff.

Prolly get some more Neander stuff.

I missed the lengendary Oliver lathe, of the mostly true "Dead Man's
Tools" on that list.

;-)

Patriarch,
who's been getting more Neander stuff lately, but trying to fit a "good
lathe" into the space/financial budget...

Patriarch

"Teamcasa" wrote in :

"Tom Watson"
I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I
want to sell.

Tom, eBay?

BTW Skil 77 for a $150 - Is it a MAG77 and still new in the box?
It just crossed my eye as I just bought two Skil MAG77's new for $139.ea

Dave

Yabbut, this one's got provenance. ;-)
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:37:30 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

"Teamcasa" wrote in :

"Tom Watson"
I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I
want to sell.

Tom, eBay?

BTW Skil 77 for a $150 - Is it a MAG77 and still new in the box?
It just crossed my eye as I just bought two Skil MAG77's new for $139.ea

Dave

Yabbut, this one's got provenance. ;-)

Izzat anything like Easterner Cooties?

--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:
http://diversify.com Premium Website Development
Tom Watson

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:36:22 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

Patriarch,
who's been getting more Neander stuff lately, but trying to fit a "good
lathe" into the space/financial budget...

Sorry, I don't have a good lathe for sale. I have a Jet lathe for
sale.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Tom Watson

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:00:08 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:
snip
Nup. I be keepin' the Unisaur anna planer (Wrecklish Translation:
Planner) and the coolest Neander stuff.
Prolly get some more Neander stuff.

I'm going to be antiquing my way up the E coast here in a few
days, anything you want me to keep my eyes open for? Hit me back
channel if you want to talk about it, and I'll give you a cell
phone number as well.

Dave in Fairfax

Thanks for the offer, but I expect a good part of the fun to be in the
hunt.

Watch this space for:

"The Hunt For Bedrocktober".

Soon to be a sweetheart of a major moshun pictcha.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Patriarch

Tom Watson wrote in
:

wrote:

Patriarch,
who's been getting more Neander stuff lately, but trying to fit a "good
lathe" into the space/financial budget...

Sorry, I don't have a good lathe for sale. I have a Jet lathe for
sale.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

I ain't coming to Pennsultucky from California for a Jet lathe, even one
with provenance.

Tom Watson

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:10:41 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

I ain't coming to Pennsultucky from California for a Jet lathe, even one
with provenance.

So what's wif dis 'provenance'?

Be it some sorta French cheese?

Is you sayin' dat my lathe is cheesy?

(watson - who's thinkin' that the damned lathe IS cheesy, but that the
cheese is Chiwanese, not Froggish.)

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Edwin Pawlowski

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

So what's wif dis 'provenance'?

Be it some sorta French cheese?

Is you sayin' dat my lathe is cheesy?

Provenance is the capitol of Row Disland. Mostly Italian and yes, they have
good cheese.

Dave in Fairfax

Tom Watson wrote:
snip
Thanks for the offer, but I expect a good part of the fun to be in the
hunt.
Watch this space for:
"The Hunt For Bedrocktober".
Soon to be a sweetheart of a major moshun pictcha.

Too bad you couldn't make it to our annual auction/tool
show/meeting in Damascus, MD last weekend. PL and MJD were there,
the Leamys were there with his gorgeous planes, so were about a
gazillion other purveyors of old arn. Enjoy the hunt, I always
do.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Unisaw A-100

Watch this space for:

"The Hunt For Bedrocktober".

Damn Tom, you shoulda driven in for the annual Wooddorker's
Show and Sunday morning follow up at the St. Frances VFW
Hall old tools sale. There were Bedrocks by the butt load.

Of course bottom feeder pricing was no where to be found on
those though you could get yourself set up with a Starrett
or a Lufkin combo square for most of the time from $20 to
$30.

Me? I bought a Stanley No. 299 to go with it's big brother
the No. 199. I'm a sucker for a good fixed blade utility
knife or maybe it's the fleur-de-lis and checkered handles.

sigh...

UA100
Tom Watson

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:31:27 GMT, Unisaw A-100
wrote:

Watch this space for:

"The Hunt For Bedrocktober".

Damn Tom, you shoulda driven in for the annual Wooddorker's
Show and Sunday morning follow up at the St. Frances VFW
Hall old tools sale. There were Bedrocks by the butt load.

Of course bottom feeder pricing was no where to be found on
those though you could get yourself set up with a Starrett
or a Lufkin combo square for most of the time from $20 to
$30.

Me? I bought a Stanley No. 299 to go with it's big brother
the No. 199. I'm a sucker for a good fixed blade utility
knife or maybe it's the fleur-de-lis and checkered handles.

sigh...

UA100

Yabutt: I know that you are filling up a matrix of possible tools.

Your collectoris is stimulated by a proximity to those tools which are
not occupying spaces in the matrix.

My lust is driven by results oriented phenomena that may fit into the
X - Y parametric, regarding cost and benefit.

You, I must say, although I run the risk of overstating the obvious,
are a true bottomfeeder - and your buy button will not be triggered by
something that is out of spec, regarding a pure price point, without
regard to the geography that might need to be gobbled up in the
pursuit of the snipe.

I, however, do not enjoy this malaise, and have personal snipes that
fit into categories that are driven by real world considerations, such
as the ability to replicate a profile that is not available in
traditional Delta driven tooling.

And so, my collectoris is currently tingled by a profile plane that
replicates the exact profile of a certain Goddard-Townsend cornice
mould (sic) which I intend to use in faithful replication of a certain
pediment, which entitles me to certain lordly airs, regarding you -
and I'm sure that you see the truth of this - on its face...

(at this point, the dialogue disintegrates into mumblings.)

All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy....

(watson wipes the drool from his mouth, attempts to assume the upright
posture, and regards the intellectual shambles of the above with what
he hopes is an understanding of his inherent, and shared, flaws.)

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Patriarch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

So what's wif dis 'provenance'?

Be it some sorta French cheese?

Is you sayin' dat my lathe is cheesy?

Provenance is the capitol of Row Disland. Mostly Italian and yes,
they have good cheese.

Provenance = owned by a famous or infamous person, and provable by (usually
forged) documentation, to increase the price. See PBS' "Antiques
Roadshow", or BBC's "LoveJoy".

"This cheesey lathe was owned by Tom Watson, he of Wreck fame and fortune,
and also possibly the founder of a once-great computing monopoly. Bidding
starts at $2800."

Patriarch
Dave in Fairfax

Patriarch wrote:
snip
and also possibly the founder of a once-great computing monopoly.

I doan thin so.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Patriarch

Dave in Fairfax wrote in
:

Patriarch wrote:
snip
and also possibly the founder of a once-great computing monopoly.

I doan thin so.

Dave in Fairfax

See, that's the semi-believeable part for the gullible. Sounds like it
might be true.

So maybe you're not so gullible. I bet you don't have any Scott Phillips'
signature Gross Stabil PC2 clamps, either.

Patriarch
Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when Patriarch
wrote:

So maybe you're not so gullible. I bet you don't have any Scott Phillips'
signature Gross Stabil PC2 clamps, either.

Nope, but I've got a box of his screws.

NALOPKT Dave Allen lost that finger doing the early development work
with his hex-key wrenches.