Jim

Default Mobile base for Delta DJ-20 jointer

I just acquired a Delta DJ-20 jointer. I looked at the Delta custom
base for the DJ-20, but it looks like it is designed to roll the
jointer in the direction of the tables. This would not do for me since
I plan to store the jointer against a wall in my garage workshop. It
looks like it would be difficult to roll it out from the wall.

So, I looked at the Shop Fox Super Heavy Duty mobile base. I have used
the Shop Fox bases for other tools and they work well. There are
extension bars for this base that allow it to support a minimum
capacity of 18" x 34" to a maximum of 28 - 1/2" x 44". My concern is
that the custom Delta DJ-20 base has inside dimensions 17-1/4 by 36-3/4
inches. Should I be concerned about the extra 3/4" (17-1/4 vs. 18)?

Does anyone have experience with using the Shop Fox base with a DJ-20?

Jim