Jay Pique

Default Subgroups? Mature tight pine....what to DO.

I've got a couple of old pine beams - 5 and fighvaighths square - and
I'd like to make some fucntional art out of them. My initial thought
was to sculpt some icicles but now I'm game for a simple ashtray or
something.

This ng is way busy. Are there any subgroups or other forums that
cater to a smaller crowd?

JP
Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when Jay Pique
wrote:

This ng is way busy.

Indeed - but at least you have the right newsreader, just be brutal in
your use of "Ignore Thread"

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

This ng is way busy. Are there any subgroups or other forums that
cater to a smaller crowd?

JP

Yes try alt.woodworking.waistsize36inches or
alt.woodworking.fivefootfive Much less traffic on them, especially the
first one. They kicked my ass out after only one post.

Lowell Holmes

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

This ng is way busy. Are there any subgroups or other forums that
cater to a smaller crowd?

JP

Yes try alt.woodworking.waistsize36inches or
alt.woodworking.fivefootfive Much less traffic on them, especially the
first one. They kicked my ass out after only one post.

Hook, line, and sinker . . . . :-)

Bill Otten

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
I've got a couple of old pine beams - 5 and fighvaighths square - and
I'd like to make some fucntional art out of them. My initial thought
was to sculpt some icicles but now I'm game for a simple ashtray or
something.

This ng is way busy. Are there any subgroups or other forums that
cater to a smaller crowd?

JP

Hand carved toothpicks. One per beam at the most.

bill

Ralph E Lindberg

In article ,
Jay Pique wrote:

I've got a couple of old pine beams - 5 and fighvaighths square - and
I'd like to make some fucntional art out of them. My initial thought
was to sculpt some icicles but now I'm game for a simple ashtray or
something.

This ng is way busy. Are there any subgroups or other forums that
cater to a smaller crowd?

JP

Many years ago I ran what might have been the last poll about if this
group should split. It failed. But people being people, well, the
turners formed r.c.woodturning and the Neader's formed an e-mail list,
and....
I started out neutral on the subject and ended up in favor. If we had
done an intelligent split then, of well.

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Peter Ashby

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

In article ,
Jay Pique wrote:

I've got a couple of old pine beams - 5 and fighvaighths square - and
I'd like to make some fucntional art out of them. My initial thought
was to sculpt some icicles but now I'm game for a simple ashtray or
something.

This ng is way busy. Are there any subgroups or other forums that
cater to a smaller crowd?

JP

Many years ago I ran what might have been the last poll about if this
group should split. It failed. But people being people, well, the
turners formed r.c.woodturning and the Neader's formed an e-mail list,

They did? any idea where I could find such a beast?

Peter

staining Pine Mook Johnson Woodworking 5 February 14th 05 06:26 PM
NEW ENGLAND PINE BLANKET CHEST J T Woodworking 4 January 8th 05 03:09 PM
pine or spf for beginners bench? prices, etc. Daniel Woodworking 7 May 8th 04 07:06 PM
Semi OT - Pine Firewood J T Woodworking 10 April 13th 04 01:19 PM
Best finish for T&G pine paneling? HerHusband Woodworking 5 February 16th 04 03:35 PM