NorthIdahoWWer

Default OT My own truck story

This is a tribute to Mazda. I have a '91 B2200, 155K miles on it. Today I
went to my wholesaler and picked up 286bf of Primo Red Oak. The ticket said
994lbs on it. I'm thinking, ok that's a half ton as per the rating ( I
think ) on my truck. One forklift got one end of the stack on the bed while
another pushed it into the truck. This red oak is 10ft lengths, by the way,
now in a 6ft bed. I'm wondering if my front wheels are going to stay in
contact with the ground or if my rear suspension is going to go Ping any
time. But the drive home of 20 miles proved to be uneventful, much to my
delight. BTW the truck was given to me by a friend so there's a bit of a
GLOAT for ya.

Will

Junior Member

Location: McHenry IL

snip

1992 Chevy S-10, 240K miles, 2200 # - with a weak tranny.

snip

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 (half-ton), 75K miles, 2450 lbs - with a V6.

Jim

G.E.R.R.Y.

In article , Ba r r y
wrote:

My '85 Toyota with a 22R engine and vinyl flooring went almost 300k
before I DROVE it to the junkyard.

I have two Lincoln Town Car sedans and a Lincoln Town Car stretch with
520 000km, 540 000km, and 630 000km on them. All three are still in
great shape and being used as limos. Never liked Ford products until I
started using these Lincolns.

Gerry *not* trying to start a ****ing contest ;-)

eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Metalworking 7 December 22nd 04 09:47 PM
eScrew Dave Jackson Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 01:54 AM
Funny story about metal [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 20th 04 05:26 PM
Funny story about repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 03:35 AM
Bay Area Truck hunt --Update - SUCCESS!!!! Ernie Leimkuhler Metalworking 3 September 17th 03 02:28 AM