Nicky

Default I'm gloating

I took last Friday off, to make a wood run (3 hr drive). I needed 100 bd ft
red oak, some ply etc...

While there, and talking with owner, he tells me of an order that was just
canceled by a contactor (who just went under), and if interested, he'd make
me a deal. Strapped on a large pallet and ready to go, he said about 580 bd
ft, mostly 4/4 and some other stuff (his words) of ash, $500 for the whole
lot, half of what he was going to charge cause ash did not sell well for
him.

Today, I planed (and planed and planed), and stacked (with stickers) the
lot, and the stuff is gorgous. My gloat, not so much for the cost, but at
the bottom of the stack, 6 16/4 x ~13" x 9' boards, very flat and straight
grained. Hello new work benches!

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

Will

I'm not even going to be rude you. Just post your address.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Steve

That stuff is bad for your health! Tell me where you are, and I'll come
get it and take it away so you aren't exposed to its deadly toxins a
moment longer than necessary. Your honey will thank me. :-)

--Steve

Nicky wrote:
I took last Friday off, to make a wood run (3 hr drive). I needed 100 bd ft
red oak, some ply etc...

While there, and talking with owner, he tells me of an order that was just
canceled by a contactor (who just went under), and if interested, he'd make
me a deal. Strapped on a large pallet and ready to go, he said about 580 bd
ft, mostly 4/4 and some other stuff (his words) of ash, $500 for the whole
lot, half of what he was going to charge cause ash did not sell well for
him.

Today, I planed (and planed and planed), and stacked (with stickers) the
lot, and the stuff is gorgous. My gloat, not so much for the cost, but at
the bottom of the stack, 6 16/4 x ~13" x 9' boards, very flat and straight
grained. Hello new work benches!

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Nicky" wrote in message

mostly 4/4 and some other stuff (his words) of ash, $500 for the whole
lot, half of what he was going to charge cause ash did not sell well for
him.

Yep, that's a gloat.

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

Probably, but what does it have to do with woodworking?

Nicky wrote:
Snip

Today, I planed (and planed and planed), and stacked (with stickers)

the
lot, and the stuff is gorgous. My gloat, not so much for the cost,

but at
the bottom of the stack, 6 16/4 x ~13" x 9' boards, very flat and

straight
grained. Hello new work benches!

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

Given that you've *posted* the gloat, I think you know where this
conversation is going.

-Phil Crow

Patriarch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:qOPWd.6795$DW.4461
@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

snip

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

Probably, but what does it have to do with woodworking?

There's a long running discussion at my house as to whether that's a cause
or a symptom.

;-)

If I brought home 500+ bf of anything right now, I'd have to rent somewhere
to put it, or give it away.

Yes, it's gloatworthy.

Patriarch
charlie b

Since no one's said it yet
You Suck!

charlie b
Nate Perkins

"Nicky" wrote in
:

While there, and talking with owner, he tells me of an order that was
just canceled by a contactor (who just went under), and if interested,
he'd make me a deal. Strapped on a large pallet and ready to go, he
said about 580 bd ft, mostly 4/4 and some other stuff (his words) of
ash, $500 for the whole lot, half of what he was going to charge cause
ash did not sell well for him.

Nice one!

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

Right. Don't they all?

Rob Stokes

cool!

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Nicky" wrote in message
[...]

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Patriarch wrote:
My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

Probably, but what does it have to do with woodworking?

There's a long running discussion at my house as to whether that's a cause
or a symptom.

My dog told me one has nothing to do with the other. Of course, the last time
he told me to buy a particular type of gun and it turned out to be crap. What
does he know?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:14:16 -0700, the inscrutable "Nicky"
spake:

I took last Friday off, to make a wood run (3 hr drive). I needed 100 bd ft
red oak, some ply etc...

While there, and talking with owner, he tells me of an order that was just
canceled by a contactor (who just went under), and if interested, he'd make
me a deal. Strapped on a large pallet and ready to go, he said about 580 bd
ft, mostly 4/4 and some other stuff (his words) of ash, $500 for the whole
lot, half of what he was going to charge cause ash did not sell well for
him.

Today, I planed (and planed and planed), and stacked (with stickers) the
lot, and the stuff is gorgous. My gloat, not so much for the cost, but at
the bottom of the stack, 6 16/4 x ~13" x 9' boards, very flat and straight
grained. Hello new work benches!

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

We all think YOU SUCK! Congrats on a great gloaty deal.

P.S: The first project should be something for SWMBO.
(I'm a bachelor and even _I_ know that much.

I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com
--Socrates + Web Application Programming
Nicky

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

The orginal trip was for a honey-do project, some new chairs for the new
kitchen we just finished.
The 16/4 stuff is just for me. Gonna make two new work benches, can't wait.
Vise shopping is fun!