Rob Stokes

cool!

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Nicky" wrote in message
I took last Friday off, to make a wood run (3 hr drive). I needed 100 bd

ft
red oak, some ply etc...

While there, and talking with owner, he tells me of an order that was just
canceled by a contactor (who just went under), and if interested, he'd

make
me a deal. Strapped on a large pallet and ready to go, he said about 580

bd
ft, mostly 4/4 and some other stuff (his words) of ash, $500 for the whole
lot, half of what he was going to charge cause ash did not sell well for
him.

Today, I planed (and planed and planed), and stacked (with stickers) the
lot, and the stuff is gorgous. My gloat, not so much for the cost, but at
the bottom of the stack, 6 16/4 x ~13" x 9' boards, very flat and

straight
grained. Hello new work benches!

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.