Will

Default Royal Ontario Museum - Furniture Display

Royal Ontario Museum

The Royal Ontario Museum has a fantastic display of furniture of
European Design. Everything from Marquetry to inlay work (metal and
wood), gold leaf decorative work etc. They also have a turned chair in
the "English" display. I only saw half the furniture display - my feet
gave out. However I will go back with a high resolution digital camera -
not the 3MP one we had.

There are also European and Egyptian antiquities a display on art in the
Muslim world etc. etc. A lot of tile and inlay work...

If you can't find the web site I will put a link on my Links page shortly

This is well worth the invested time for viewing inspirational works.

Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. If you enjoy woodworking, turning,
sculpture art and metalworking you will probably not wish to leave.

Also had a chance to visit Curry's art store in downtown Toronto
recently - their link is now on the page... They have a lot of stuff
that may be of interest to woodworkers -- some very hard to find stuff.

http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/linksbusiness.htm

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when Will
wrote:

The Royal Ontario Museum has a fantastic display of furniture of
European Design.

I'd heard their Japanese lacquer collection was supposed to be pretty
good too.
Will

Darn! Missed it.
Thanks!
Will look when I go back.

wrote:

The Royal Ontario Museum has a fantastic display of furniture of
European Design.

I'd heard their Japanese lacquer collection was supposed to be pretty
good too.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Robatoy

In article ,
Will wrote:

Royal Ontario Museum

This is well worth the invested time for viewing inspirational works.

I am going to try to make it. I have always been fond of the ROM; I'm a
museum junkie.

[snipperized]

Also had a chance to visit Curry's art store in downtown Toronto
recently - their link is now on the page... They have a lot of stuff
that may be of interest to woodworkers -- some very hard to find stuff.

Curry's is an institution. A landmark. I have many things from there
that I use in woodworking. Measuring/marking devices etc.
I could walk in and if I had a free $5K, I could spend it there in 10
mins. (Loomis & Tooles on the Queensway is cheaper, but I don't expect
somebody from the 'other' end of Young Street to know that..LOL)
Not to mention thousands upon thousands of different colour magic
markers. ( I said not to mention it!!!) Those are great for the right
colour touch-ups on delicate items.
Their font files are expensive, but their foundries are first class.
I still buy the odd sheet of Letraset® for displays.
And all that incredible water colour paper!

0¿0
˜

Rob
Robatoy

In article ,
Will wrote:

Bathurst

North of Wilson

Moe Panzer's Monreal smoked meat.....gaaaawd I miss that (After 16 years
in TO, I left. Now I finally have my cholesterol under control..LOL
(Maybe that was the suckling pig on te Danforth/Logan..I liked the ears
best.)

Royal Ontario Museum Will Woodturning 0 March 5th 05 04:24 PM
Show display furniture Leo Lichtman Woodturning 2 January 14th 05 11:44 PM
Best Leather furniture style store dealer Steve Home Ownership 1 November 25th 03 12:49 PM
Best place to buy your new leather furniture Steve Home Ownership 0 November 20th 03 02:02 AM
Pro vs Hobbyist Furniture Makers charlie b Woodworking 44 November 19th 03 07:08 PM