Leo Lichtman

Default Show display furniture

"Anonymous" wrote: (clip) 1) I don't have a pile of work to display (clip) I
will also need to finish out the bowls I have roughed and drying) and 2) I
don't HAVE a display table / shelving. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you perhaps getting ahead of yourself? Reading between the lines, I
gather that you are fairly new to turning. If this is true, I suggest you
concentrate on making some bowls that are really nice, and consider doing
juried shows after your work has proven itself.

Prometheus

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:20:03 -0500, Anonymous
wrote:

I am keenly interested in participating in a local juried art fair.
It's close by, it's well-attended, it's reasonably priced and they
don't allow no stanky import junque. So far, so good. They want
4 slides for the jury process ... 3 of the work itself and a 4th
showing my display area with my merchandise set up ready to go.

And therein lies the rub. 1) I don't have a pile of work to display
(pens are not big items ... so I will also need to finish out the
bowls I have roughed and drying) and 2) I don't HAVE a display
table / shelving.

What I am asking the group for are pictures of their display
arrangements and also any plans or tips you might care to chip in as
well.

You know, your best bet may be to just get a card table with a decent
tablecloth and one or two of those cheap particleboard bookshelves to
set behind you (paint it or whatever else may strike your fancy).
Presentation *is* important, but since you don't have anything to
display yet, it's probably better to get the product done correctly
than it is to spend a lot of time making cabinetry. And then if you
decide that art fairs just are not for you, you're not out of a large
investment.

This is my first show ... or will be, if I can convince the judges
that my work merits an audience. The show is in June but I need to
get cracking because the applications (with slides) needs to be in
the mail on the last day of March.

TIA for any assistance you might be able to render in this.

Bill

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Ralph J. Ramirez

Why anonoymous??