Kim

Default Dick Proenneke

http://www.minifarmhomestead.com/out...dproenneke.htm

PBS was showing Alone in the Wilderness where Dick Proenneke was
constructing a log cabin from the ground up. He slice logs into planks with
a hand saw (free hand) that looked like it came out of a planer. I wonder
how many manhours of practice for someone to achieve that level of skill?

Rick Stein

I have seen the PBS show several times. Proenneke is truly a wonderful
craftsman and seems to have had the physical energy of many men. While I
don't covet the life that he led, I am envious of his skills and strength.

Rick

Kim wrote:
http://www.minifarmhomestead.com/out...dproenneke.htm

PBS was showing Alone in the Wilderness where Dick Proenneke was
constructing a log cabin from the ground up. He slice logs into planks with
a hand saw (free hand) that looked like it came out of a planer. I wonder
how many manhours of practice for someone to achieve that level of skill?

dgadams

The wife and I watched that show last night. When he cut the
scarf joints I told her she should have married him. When he
cut the wooden hinges for his doors I said I should have
married him! Wow what a craftsman.

DGA

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:04:47 -0800, Kim wrote:

http://www.minifarmhomestead.com/out...dproenneke.htm

PBS was showing Alone in the Wilderness where Dick Proenneke was
constructing a log cabin from the ground up. He slice logs into planks with
a hand saw (free hand) that looked like it came out of a planer. I wonder
how many manhours of practice for someone to achieve that level of skill?

AAvK

http://www.minifarmhomestead.com/out...dproenneke.htm
PBS was showing Alone in the Wilderness where Dick Proenneke was constructing a log cabin from the ground up. He slice logs into
planks with a hand saw (free hand) that looked like it came out of a planer. I wonder how many manhours of practice for someone to
achieve that level of skill?

KCET is what I can get of PBS/WGBH, so worthless. They don't have
it listed anywhere. BTW the link you gave is for the book, this is the best
link to buy the video: http://www.dickproenneke.com/ too expensive.
This guy Bob Swerer could put this video and the 20 years later visit
follow-up video on one dvd, and sell it for the same price and gain more
customers like "me"... who isn't able to see it.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Kevin Craig

In article , Kim
wrote:

http://www.minifarmhomestead.com/out...dproenneke.htm

PBS was showing Alone in the Wilderness where Dick Proenneke was
constructing a log cabin from the ground up. He slice logs into planks with
a hand saw (free hand) that looked like it came out of a planer. I wonder
how many manhours of practice for someone to achieve that level of skill?

I've read the link and set the TiVo! Thanks!

Kevin