Dick Snyder

Default Where to buy folding adjustable table legs for my outfeed table

I want to find a source of height adjustable folding table legs for the
outfeed table for my saw. I have done some searching on the web. Here is an
example but each pair (I would need two pair) is $50.

http://www.ebcoproducts.com/legs.html

Has anyone found a good source for these? I have hunted around the web for a
couple of hours with no real winners.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Morris Dovey

Dick Snyder wrote:

I want to find a source of height adjustable folding table legs for the
outfeed table for my saw. I have done some searching on the web. Here is an
example but each pair (I would need two pair) is $50.

http://www.ebcoproducts.com/legs.html

Has anyone found a good source for these? I have hunted around the web for a
couple of hours with no real winners.

Dick...

Since you have a table saw, why not make your own? The Ebco legs
adjust in 1" increments (so it could come out, say, 15/16" lower
than your saw table).

I built my own out of 1x4 pine; and it would be easy to make the
legs hinged and to add leveling feet.

Visit http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/outfeed.html and scroll down for
a look.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
mel

I used these and made my own legs with a leveler in the bottom.

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...erings_id=9993

The problem I see with the legs you are looking at is the only adjustment is
determined by the preset indentions. Can't fine tune it to be level with
the table.

Dick Snyder

Thanks for the advice and pictures on your website. I would need four legs
rather than two as there is no place on the outfeed end of my table saw to
attach the table to the saw but that should be easy enough to do.

Dick

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Dick Snyder wrote:

[...]

Dick Snyder

I have a Bosch 4000 that sits on a stand.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=228013

So I think the answer to your question is "yes".

Dick

Dick Snyder wrote:

[...]

Cox West

A past issue of American Woodworker mag. had a nice home made one, but more
applicable for a stand that's not a fold-up. Attached between the saw and
the stand, making it solid, and an integral part of the stand.

Dick Snyder wrote:

[...]

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I want to find a source of height adjustable folding table legs for the
outfeed table for my saw. I have done some searching on the web. Here is an
example but each pair (I would need two pair) is $50.

http://www.ebcoproducts.com/legs.html

Has anyone found a good source for these? I have hunted around the web for
a couple of hours with no real winners.

Looks like you found a source. You won't find them much cheaper, IMO.
I made my own. I used a 1 x 4 and hinged it tot he bottom of the table. I
bought the folding bracket from Woodcraft or Lee Valley. To make both legs
swing at the same time, just put a 1 x 2 across them.

Bob

Dick,

Have you considered just buying a folding table at an office supply?
My outfeed table is made from an 8' folding table sawed in half. I
built an adaptor board to mount it to my table saw. I also built a
small box out of 3/8" plywood to raise the legs off the floor. You can
buy readi-made folding tables in lengths 4' or longer for around
$40-$50.

Bob wrote:
Dick,

Have you considered just buying a folding table at an office supply?
My outfeed table is made from an 8' folding table sawed in half. I
built an adaptor board to mount it to my table saw. I also built a
small box out of 3/8" plywood to raise the legs off the floor. You

can
buy readi-made folding tables in lengths 4' or longer for around
$40-$50.

I've seen these legs in pairs sell at auctions for less than $10, still
attached to their tables. Here in town we have a surplus property
auction (state & local gov'ts, local university, public schools) every
month, and these tables frequently show up there, often with good legs
and a trashed top. Good luck.

Dan