Stacey

Default suggestions for shop floor?

I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it mostly
just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stacey

Greg O

"Stacey" wrote in message
I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it
mostly just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stacey

On the cheap, a couple of coats of paint, a little more money? Cheap vinyl
flooring.
Greg

Edwin Pawlowski

"Stacey" wrote in message
I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it
mostly just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stacey

Linoleum? Couple of coats of paint? A nice glazed Italian quarry tile would
be great, but just don't drop a heavy tool on it.

leonard

epoxy paint ,wear's better and is smoother and you can get in any color.

Len

Phisherman

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:21:41 -0500, "Stacey" wrote:

I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it mostly
just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stacey

The plywood is excellent flooring for a shop floor. Sand and coat it
with three coats of Varathane. Vinyl is good too. I have a concrete
floor and it is rough on the feet and the dropping sharpened chisels
and bits.

C & S

I have painted plywood (oil-based enamel floor/deck paint) It's *much*
easier to sweep than raw plywood. I am happy with it.

The only thing I don't like about it is that I am sloppy and have a lot of
glue & shellac drips around. Some day I will scuff sand and recoat. For my
way of working, this is an argument for not investing much of anything
(beyond paint) for a floor covering. In *my* shop it will get at least
aesthetically messed up anyway.

-Steve

"Stacey" wrote in message
I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it

mostly
just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stacey

Dan Valleskey

Depending on the framing- I'd think about a second layer of 3/4
plywood.

Paint it- light gray, I guess. Or just leave it as is.

In my case, the time between shingles going up, and stuff moving into
the new building, would be measured in minutes. I'd never get the
floor painted.

-Dan V.

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:21:41 -0500, "Stacey" wrote:

I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it mostly
just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stacey

Teamcasa

Stick on vinyl floor tiles. Light color, wax. Done.

Dave

"Stacey" wrote in message
I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it
mostly just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stacey

http://www.usenet.com
nospambob

Serious regression Bob. Shellac was used for floor finishing for
years. I used some on our garage floor accidentally but the floor is
cement and shiny in some spots.

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:59:20 -0500, Bob G.
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:21:41 -0500, "Stacey" wrote:

I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it mostly
just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stacey

=============================
Years ago I spilled a quart of Shallac (the full fricken quart) on my
floor (also just plain plywood)... I took a broom and just spread the
mess around and after a few years discovered that the area oif the
spill was just easier to maintain (sweeping etc) and looked a "little"
better,... so I picked up a few more quarts off a mark down rack and
spilled some more ....

That "second" application was about 10 years ago....
Shallac is not as durable as Poly...but... the "wear" is really not
noticable... at least not yet...

Works fine...

Bob Griffiths

Silvan

Stacey wrote:

I am the proud new owner of a 12x16 workshop/shed. Yeah!! Currently the
floor is just 3/4" plywood. I want to put some type of covering on it
mostly
just to make it easier to clean. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I suggest you put the word "shed" out of your mind, and think "shop"
exclusively. Mine is a 10x12. It was a glorious day when I finally
managed to boot the last of the "shed" crap out of there for good. (By
building a new shed next to the first shed...)

I suggest you spare yourself the expense of a second shed by not using the
first one as a shed.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/