Highland Pairos

Default ****ing off the woodworking gods

It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. Somewhere
in the process of moving the machines into the shop I seem to have
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left
shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. SOOOOO, being a snow
day, kids off from school, I headed back into the shop to continue working
on outfeed and side support tables for the new TS. Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

What a PITS (pain in the shoulder).

SteveP.

who is going to find a virgin to sacrifice to the woodworking gods.

Charlie Self

SteveP writes:

who is going to find a virgin to sacrifice to the woodworking gods.

Good luck on that search.

AAvK

That sucks for you bruddah... I hope you get better soon too.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Eric

Hope the shoulder get's better soon. What kind of TS did you get?
mac davis

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:45:15 GMT, "Highland Pairos"
wrote:

It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. Somewhere
in the process of moving the machines into the shop I seem to have
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left
shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. SOOOOO, being a snow
day, kids off from school, I headed back into the shop to continue working
on outfeed and side support tables for the new TS. Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

What a PITS (pain in the shoulder).

SteveP.

who is going to find a virgin to sacrifice to the woodworking gods.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin...
oh, and bring something to kill"

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Highland Pairos wrote:
It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. Somewhere
in the process of moving the machines into the shop I seem to have
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left
shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. SOOOOO, being a snow
day, kids off from school, I headed back into the shop to continue working
on outfeed and side support tables for the new TS. Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

What a PITS (pain in the shoulder).

Sorry to hear about the travails.

However, they _do_ say "Life is the PITS".

And, despite appearances, there *is* a bright side to the story --
think what might have happened, if you'd done things the other way
around, and been ****ing _on_ the WW gods,

Highland Pairos

Grizzly 1023sl

"Eric" wrote in message
om...
Hope the shoulder get's better soon. What kind of TS did you get?

Will

Highland Pairos wrote:
It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. Somewhere
in the process of moving the machines into the shop I seem to have
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left
shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. SOOOOO, being a snow
day, kids off from school, I headed back into the shop to continue working
on outfeed and side support tables for the new TS. Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

What a PITS (pain in the shoulder).

SteveP.

who is going to find a virgin to sacrifice to the woodworking gods.

I will burn an offering on the table saw for you. :-)

Especially if you provide a young (female) virgin for the ceremony.

Tim Douglass

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:20:10 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin...
oh, and bring something to kill"

This just became my new sig file.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
AAvK

This just became my new sig file.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

.....BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaa....(cough)...!

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Silvan

J T wrote:

as their High Priest, I handle all those technical details. Probably
burning wood, too. Heathen.

Burning your wood in the virgin sacrifices again JOAT?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
mac davis

wrote:

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin...
oh, and bring something to kill"

This just became my new sig file.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

I think that was an old Monty Python line.. not sure, but some old movie..
I forgot to take my "milk of amnesia" today..

Highland Pairos wrote:
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left

shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took

lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday.

Good thinking.

... Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a

multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

Shoulders heal very slowly. I hurt mine doing something stupid,
don't even remember what, and did not ice it etc. It was six
months befor sitting up (the movement, no the posture) in bed
didn't hurt.

--

FF

Robatoy

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

I forgot to take my "milk of amnesia" today..

Milk of magnesia and vodka--- a pile driver.

FA; eBay: Woodworking books videos Zak Woodturning 9 October 23rd 04 03:38 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM
SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House Jeff Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 12:10 AM