DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pissing off the woodworking gods (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/93244-pissing-off-woodworking-gods.html)

Highland Pairos March 1st 05 03:45 PM

Pissing off the woodworking gods

It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. Somewhere
in the process of moving the machines into the shop I seem to have
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left
shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. SOOOOO, being a snow
day, kids off from school, I headed back into the shop to continue working
on outfeed and side support tables for the new TS. Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

What a PITS (pain in the shoulder).

SteveP.

who is going to find a virgin to sacrifice to the woodworking gods.

Charlie Self March 1st 05 04:22 PM

SteveP writes:

who is going to find a virgin to sacrifice to the woodworking gods.

Good luck on that search.

AAvK March 1st 05 04:22 PM

That sucks for you bruddah... I hope you get better soon too.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Eric March 1st 05 04:57 PM

Hope the shoulder get's better soon. What kind of TS did you get?

mac davis March 1st 05 05:20 PM

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:45:15 GMT, "Highland Pairos"
wrote:

It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. Somewhere
in the process of moving the machines into the shop I seem to have
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left
shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. SOOOOO, being a snow
day, kids off from school, I headed back into the shop to continue working
on outfeed and side support tables for the new TS. Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

What a PITS (pain in the shoulder).

SteveP.

who is going to find a virgin to sacrifice to the woodworking gods.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin...
oh, and bring something to kill"

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Robert Bonomi March 1st 05 05:43 PM

In article ,
Highland Pairos wrote:
It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. Somewhere
in the process of moving the machines into the shop I seem to have
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left
shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. SOOOOO, being a snow
day, kids off from school, I headed back into the shop to continue working
on outfeed and side support tables for the new TS. Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

What a PITS (pain in the shoulder).

Sorry to hear about the travails.

However, they _do_ say "Life is the PITS".

And, despite appearances, there *is* a bright side to the story --
think what might have happened, if you'd done things the other way
around, and been ****ing _on_ the WW gods,

Highland Pairos March 1st 05 06:35 PM

Grizzly 1023sl

"Eric" wrote in message
om...
Hope the shoulder get's better soon. What kind of TS did you get?

Will March 1st 05 06:39 PM

Highland Pairos wrote:
It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. Somewhere
in the process of moving the machines into the shop I seem to have
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left
shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. SOOOOO, being a snow
day, kids off from school, I headed back into the shop to continue working
on outfeed and side support tables for the new TS. Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

What a PITS (pain in the shoulder).

SteveP.

who is going to find a virgin to sacrifice to the woodworking gods.

I will burn an offering on the table saw for you. :-)

Especially if you provide a young (female) virgin for the ceremony.

Tim Douglass March 1st 05 07:00 PM

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:20:10 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin...
oh, and bring something to kill"

This just became my new sig file.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

J T March 1st 05 09:10 PM

Tue, Mar 1, 2005, 3:45pm (EST+5)
(Highland=A0Pairos) is a heathan:
It appears that I did not burn offerings of thanks quickly enough after
getting my new machines and have ****ed off the woodworking gods. snip

Yep, you trying to do your own sacrifices to the Woodworking Gods
will definitely **** them off. You're supposed to send them along to me,
as their High Priest, I handle all those technical details. Probably
burning wood, too. Heathen.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold

J T March 1st 05 09:17 PM

Tue, Mar 1, 2005, 9:20am (EST-3)
(mac=A0davis) claims:
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill"

There's a guy down the road selling goats. That'll take care of
both your requirements.

AAvK March 2nd 05 01:04 AM

This just became my new sig file.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

.....BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaa....(cough)...!

Silvan March 2nd 05 07:06 AM

J T wrote:

as their High Priest, I handle all those technical details. Probably
burning wood, too. Heathen.

Burning your wood in the virgin sacrifices again JOAT?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

mac davis March 2nd 05 04:09 PM

wrote:

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin...
oh, and bring something to kill"

This just became my new sig file.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

I think that was an old Monty Python line.. not sure, but some old movie..
I forgot to take my "milk of amnesia" today..

mac davis March 2nd 05 04:10 PM

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:17:54 -0500, (J T) wrote:

Tue, Mar 1, 2005, 9:20am (EST-3)

(mac*davis) claims:
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill"

There's a guy down the road selling goats. That'll take care of
both your requirements.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold

Joat.. a virgin goat in YOUR neighborhood?
You must still need the cane.. *lmao*

[email protected] March 2nd 05 07:38 PM

Highland Pairos wrote:
strained/pulled/screwed up (that's a technical medical term) my left

shoulder. I iced for a good portion of the day on Sunday and took

lots of
ibuprofen and seemed to be feeling better yesterday.

Good thinking.

... Well, I guess that was
a little too quick and now it appears that I will have to suffer a

multiday
exile from my shop and get this shoulder right.

Shoulders heal very slowly. I hurt mine doing something stupid,
don't even remember what, and did not ice it etc. It was six
months befor sitting up (the movement, no the posture) in bed
didn't hurt.

--

FF

Robatoy March 4th 05 07:03 PM

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

I forgot to take my "milk of amnesia" today..

Milk of magnesia and vodka--- a pile driver.

Jerry Maple March 4th 05 08:30 PM

In article ,
says...
In article ,
mac davis wrote:

I forgot to take my "milk of amnesia" today..

Milk of magnesia and vodka--- a pile driver.

Milk of magnesia, OJ, and vodka == Phillips screwdriver

Jerry Maple
General Dynamics C4 Systems
Scottsdale, AZ