Scaramouche

Default Rolling Drill Press Cart

Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest
some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to
what I'm looking for?

Thank You,
Rick
Edwin Pawlowski

"Scaramouche" wrote in message
m...
Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest
some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to what
I'm looking for?

Thank You,
Rick

I'll post my cabinet on abpw. It is 3/4" birch plywood, 4" casters. No
plans, just a tape measure and winged it.

Scaramouche

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Scaramouche" wrote in message
m...

Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest
some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to what
I'm looking for?

Thank You,
Rick

I'll post my cabinet on abpw. It is 3/4" birch plywood, 4" casters. No
plans, just a tape measure and winged it.

Thank you.
I'll search for it.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:58:36 GMT, Scaramouche
wrote:

Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest
some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to
what I'm looking for?

Thank You,
Rick

I kept a drill press on a base made from one pedestal of drawers from
an old steel office desk. it weighed a ton and had plenty of space in
it for storage of drill press stuff.
Gene T

I would watch the Sears ads for a rolling tool cabinet on sale. Last week
they had one with I believe 4 drawers for around $59.00. That's less than
the material cost of building one with nice plywood.
Gene
"Scaramouche" wrote in message
m...
Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest
some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to what
I'm looking for?

Thank You,
Rick

TeamCasa

Try this, Mount a piece of 3/4 plywood to the top of a small roll around
tool box from Sears (or wherever you want). Mount the drill press to the
plywood. My brother-in-law loves it.

Dave

"Scaramouche" wrote in message
m...
Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest
some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to what
I'm looking for?

Thank You,
Rick

http://www.usenet.com
Rolling Thunder

wrote:

Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest
some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to
what I'm looking for?

Thank You,
Rick

Look up in your library catalog for:

Building Woodshop Workstations by Danny Proulx.

There is something there you can use. If your library system
hasn't the book, use the WorldNet search that checks outside
the local library system. There is an inter-library checkout system.
I've checked out woodworking books from as far as 3,000 miles
away from Calif.

Thunder
Scaramouche

TeamCasa wrote:
Try this, Mount a piece of 3/4 plywood to the top of a small roll around
tool box from Sears (or wherever you want). Mount the drill press to the
plywood. My brother-in-law loves it.

Dave

"Scaramouche" wrote in message
m...

Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest
some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to what
I'm looking for?

Thank You,
Rick

http://www.usenet.com

I've thought about that in past, but was always afraid they weren't
sturdy enough. The Delta 12" DP is pretty heavy.

Regards,
Rick
B a r r y

Scaramouche wrote:
TeamCasa wrote:

Try this, Mount a piece of 3/4 plywood to the top of a small roll
around tool box from Sears (or wherever you want). Mount the drill
press to the plywood. My brother-in-law loves it.

"Scaramouche" wrote in message
m...

I've thought about that in past, but was always afraid they weren't
sturdy enough. The Delta 12" DP is pretty heavy.

I think it would be a great idea.

Considering the weight of the tools I have in several of those boxes,
the 12" DP would be nothing.

You can get one for under $75 until tomorrow.

Barry
Scaramouche

B a r r y wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:

TeamCasa wrote:

Try this, Mount a piece of 3/4 plywood to the top of a small roll
around tool box from Sears (or wherever you want). Mount the drill
press to the plywood. My brother-in-law loves it.

"Scaramouche" wrote in message
m...

I've thought about that in past, but was always afraid they weren't
sturdy enough. The Delta 12" DP is pretty heavy.

I think it would be a great idea.

Considering the weight of the tools I have in several of those boxes,
the 12" DP would be nothing.

You can get one for under $75 until tomorrow.

Barry

I'll check them out tonight at Sears.
Thank you.

Regards,
Rick

B a r r y

Scaramouche wrote:

I'll check them out tonight at Sears.

Don't forget the plywood between the metal top & DP. This will spread
the weight to the sides. The cabinets are designed to have other
cabinets stacked on top, so the distributed weight of the tool shouldn't
be a problem at all.

Barry