Larry Jaques

Default Passel of expired messages today

Has anyone else noticed 40+ expired messages? They're all dated today,
all on the Wreck, and by numerous authors. Very strange.

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright
----------------------------
Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:54:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Has anyone else noticed 40+ expired messages? They're all dated today,
all on the Wreck, and by numerous authors. Very strange.

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright
----------------------------

Didn't notice that,but was quite surprised that only about 10 messages
were present when I logged on this PM. Usually the rec is at about 350+
when I get to it each day.

Wonder if the copyright pirates are playing games with the newsgroups?

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody
igor

wrote:

Has anyone else noticed 40+ expired messages? They're all dated today,
all on the Wreck, and by numerous authors. Very strange.

Admit it ... you were just looking for an excuse to use the word "passel".
A word worthy of use, BTW, IMO, FWIW, YMMV, LSMFT. -- Igor
Leon

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
Didn't notice that,but was quite surprised that only about 10 messages
were present when I logged on this PM. Usually the rec is at about 350+
when I get to it each day.

Wonder if the copyright pirates are playing games with the newsgroups?

We are probably not seeing as much because we have plonked most of the crap.

Wes Stewart

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:28:57 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
Didn't notice that,but was quite surprised that only about 10 messages
were present when I logged on this PM. Usually the rec is at about 350+
when I get to it each day.

Wonder if the copyright pirates are playing games with the newsgroups?

We are probably not seeing as much because we have plonked most of the crap.

No I don't filter anything and I too note that the volume of posts is
way down---and not in just this group. All that I read are acting the
same.

Also some of the responses that I posted in threads in the last day
are already gone.

Makes some of you happy I suppose but.....[g]

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:40:06 GMT, the inscrutable igor
spake:

wrote:

Has anyone else noticed 40+ expired messages? They're all dated today,
all on the Wreck, and by numerous authors. Very strange.

Admit it ... you were just looking for an excuse to use the word "passel".
A word worthy of use, BTW, IMO, FWIW, YMMV, LSMFT. -- Igor

Guilty as charged, Oh Inscrutable One.