Jon Shelley

Default Minor gloat

I had requested opinions on the table saws at HD recently because I have a
nice gift certificate there. The majority opinion seemed to be that the Ridgid
was a better machine than the Delta 36-675 that they have there. I tended to
agree, but I was waiting until after my upcoming wedding to buy the thing,
since I wouldn't have time to use it much until then, and I hoped I'd catch a
sale or something by then.

Well, yesterday, I was looking at the saws again, and the Delta 36-675 was
marked down with a yellow sign to $399, from the normal $529. I asked one of
the employees whether that was correct, as I was starting to re-think my
decision. She told me the sign was no longer correct. They were having a 50%
off yellow tag sale, so it was actually $198!! Before she got the "8" out, I
had already told her I'd take it(and then ran around the store looking for
more yellow tags).

So I figure I can upgrade the wings and the fence, and still end up spending
about the same or a little more than the normal price of this saw. Not too
shabby. For once, I've got to love and respect "The Borg"!

Jon
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jon Shelley" wrote in message

Well, yesterday, I was looking at the saws again, and the Delta 36-675 was
marked down with a yellow sign to $399, from the normal $529. I asked one
of
the employees whether that was correct, as I was starting to re-think my
decision. She told me the sign was no longer correct. They were having a
50%
off yellow tag sale, so it was actually $198!! Before she got the "8" out,
had already told her I'd take it(and then ran around the store looking for
more yellow tags).

Damn, you SUCK. Compare what you just bought to a Craftsman for that money
and pop the champagne corks.

How come the only thing I ever see at a yellow tag sale is a broken tape
measure or bent screwdriver?

Jon Shelley wrote:

Snip of good buy tale

Jon

Yep. That definitely qualifies for a "You Suck!"

Congrats.

-Phil Crow

RampRat

Turning the tables on the BORGs! At that price maybe they will drive
themselves out of buisness. Nice gloat! That qualifies you for an
official "You Suck Award".
Rick

Jon Shelley

In article , "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Jon Shelley" wrote in message

Well, yesterday, I was looking at the saws again, and the Delta 36-675 was
marked down with a yellow sign to $399, from the normal $529. I asked one
of
the employees whether that was correct, as I was starting to re-think my
decision. She told me the sign was no longer correct. They were having a
50%
off yellow tag sale, so it was actually $198!! Before she got the "8" out,
had already told her I'd take it(and then ran around the store looking for
more yellow tags).

Damn, you SUCK. Compare what you just bought to a Craftsman for that money
and pop the champagne corks.

How come the only thing I ever see at a yellow tag sale is a broken tape
measure or bent screwdriver?

One of the employees told me they just ordered a few of 'em for Christmas,
and didn't sell any. So they needed to get all of them out the door fast, and
I got the last one. If I'd known earlier, I would have posted something here
for others in the Raleigh area, but they were all snatched up. I'd imagine
there's a good chance that any other HD's that just recently got this model
will eventually have similar sales.

Jon