Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jon Shelley

Default Minor gloat

I had requested opinions on the table saws at HD recently because I have a
nice gift certificate there. The majority opinion seemed to be that the Ridgid
was a better machine than the Delta 36-675 that they have there. I tended to
agree, but I was waiting until after my upcoming wedding to buy the thing,
since I wouldn't have time to use it much until then, and I hoped I'd catch a
sale or something by then.

Well, yesterday, I was looking at the saws again, and the Delta 36-675 was
marked down with a yellow sign to $399, from the normal $529. I asked one of
the employees whether that was correct, as I was starting to re-think my
decision. She told me the sign was no longer correct. They were having a 50%
off yellow tag sale, so it was actually $198!! Before she got the "8" out, I
had already told her I'd take it(and then ran around the store looking for
more yellow tags).

So I figure I can upgrade the wings and the fence, and still end up spending
about the same or a little more than the normal price of this saw. Not too
shabby. For once, I've got to love and respect "The Borg"!

Jon