miey

Default Dovetailing Baltic Birch follow up.

First of all, thank you everybody for you insights. Here's my deal,
and I feel a bit of a plonker for doing it this way, beginner
mentality. I have these drawer glides that can only be used on drawers
that have a max material thickness of 5/8". Off I went to the lumber
yard and bought 4/4 rough sawn poplar, well here's were I really am a
plonker. I planed that stuff down to 5/8, I know, what an idiot, but I
didn't know what else to do. It later occurred to me that I could buy
5/4 and re saw to 5/8, plane it up to 1/2, which would suffice.Do
others do it this way or is there a more effective way.
Thanks again,
Mike
Unisaw A100

I'm curious as to what brand slides dictate the box
thickness.

Keep in mind it's early here and I'm a few minutes from
brain engagement.

UA100

I think it is more of a fixing screw issue than the slide itself, but
some of the undermounts may have an optimum size. Most of the side
mount slides have mounting holes that are near the bottom dado, so they
tend to split solid wood slides near the ends.

BTW, how did the repro knobs workout??? :*)

Jamie

Unisaw A100 wrote:
I'm curious as to what brand slides dictate the box
thickness.

Keep in mind it's early here and I'm a few minutes from
brain engagement.

UA100

Unisaw A100

miey wrote:
Thank you,
Blum makes a under mount slide that requires the material thickness to
a max of 5/8. I'm just going to use a side mount this time though.

Can you rabbett the bottom edge of the drawer side and fool
the side into thinking it's 5/8".

UA100

Unisaw A100

BTW, how did the repro knobs workout??? :*)

Norwood? Is that you?

I've been meaning to ask if you'd like for me to whore those
over on the OWWM. I know the manager and he'd turn a blind
eye if we were to do it nice like.

UA100, who thinks Jamie's knobs are the cats jammies...

Yippers, it's me. Whore them anywhere you want, I think I have an ad on
OWWM already, unless I let it lapse. Like my knobs? You should see
my repro switch boxes for Unisaws (444?, also made of aluminum filled
polyurethane). There are two guys who are testing them now. I think
they are OK, but one guy said they might not meet code, whatever that is.

Unisaw A100 wrote:
BTW, how did the repro knobs workout??? :*)

Norwood? Is that you?

I've been meaning to ask if you'd like for me to whore those
over on the OWWM. I know the manager and he'd turn a blind
eye if we were to do it nice like.

UA100, who thinks Jamie's knobs are the cats jammies...

Not on under mount slides, they actually go up inside the bottom of the
drawers. You have to dado the bottom quite high off the bottom edge of
the drawer side for under mount slides. They are odd ducks to install,
but they have a sweet action, and you can't see them at all.

Bottom mount slides would work on that kind of drawer though.