Jim Lemon

Default Can you see your posts?

I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that while
I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear. Is this
typical?
Thanks-
Jim

Joe

I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that
while I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear.
Is this typical?

Jim,

Are you using Outlook Express? If so, go to your inbox, click the space
between the icons and then customize. Add the button that is called
"Headers" and click that whenever you enter a newasgroup. sometimes the
news servers will send only a majority of the new posts... Never could
figure out why this happens. But clicking this button forces the otehrs to
download.

It may also help if you exit the newsgroup by visiting your inbox and then
re-enter the newsgroup a few seconds later. That sometimes pulls in a new
post that simply refreshing the group will not.

Strange results, I know, but this is how I deal with the problem.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

My eBay: http://tinyurl.com/3n8gj

Know a good travel agent? I need one. Really.

Larry Bud

Jim Lemon wrote:
I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that

while
I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear.

Is this
typical?

You can't see it immediately after you wrote the message, or EVER?

If the former, it's because the headers have to be refreshed for you to
see it.

Periproct

"Jim Lemon" wrote in message
I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that

while
I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear. Is

this
typical?
Thanks-
Jim

I have the same problem with Outlook not showing all messages. Just recently
started using
http://www.1001newsgroups.com/lmess....ec.woodworking
if I think I am missing posts.
Don't know if it is 100% reliable.
Nige

mac davis

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:25:18 GMT, "Jim Lemon" wrote:

I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that while
I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear. Is this
typical?
Thanks-
Jim

yes.. noted by all the regulars here that have cuts and bruises from walking
into those damn invisible posts...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Deck disasater - how to repair concrete posts? Andy Woodworking 10 June 15th 04 12:01 PM
Set fence posts in concrete or use Metposts? DIY Novice UK diy 6 June 3rd 04 10:26 PM
Garden fence posts Mortimer UK diy 8 February 6th 04 11:50 AM
deck posts Pykirk Woodworking 2 October 6th 03 02:32 AM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM