DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can you see your posts? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/91960-can-you-see-your-posts.html)

Jim Lemon February 20th 05 04:25 AM

Can you see your posts?

I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that while
I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear. Is this
typical?
Thanks-
Jim

Joe February 20th 05 02:11 PM

I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that
while I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear.
Is this typical?

Jim,

Are you using Outlook Express? If so, go to your inbox, click the space
between the icons and then customize. Add the button that is called
"Headers" and click that whenever you enter a newasgroup. sometimes the
news servers will send only a majority of the new posts... Never could
figure out why this happens. But clicking this button forces the otehrs to
download.

It may also help if you exit the newsgroup by visiting your inbox and then
re-enter the newsgroup a few seconds later. That sometimes pulls in a new
post that simply refreshing the group will not.

Strange results, I know, but this is how I deal with the problem.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

My eBay: http://tinyurl.com/3n8gj

Know a good travel agent? I need one. Really.

Larry Bud February 20th 05 02:47 PM

Jim Lemon wrote:
I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that

while
I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear.

Is this
typical?

You can't see it immediately after you wrote the message, or EVER?

If the former, it's because the headers have to be refreshed for you to
see it.

Periproct February 20th 05 11:07 PM

"Jim Lemon" wrote in message
I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that

while
I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear. Is

this
typical?
Thanks-
Jim

I have the same problem with Outlook not showing all messages. Just recently
started using
http://www.1001newsgroups.com/lmess....ec.woodworking
if I think I am missing posts.
Don't know if it is 100% reliable.
Nige

mac davis February 21st 05 04:43 PM

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:25:18 GMT, "Jim Lemon" wrote:

I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that while
I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear. Is this
typical?
Thanks-
Jim

yes.. noted by all the regulars here that have cuts and bruises from walking
into those damn invisible posts...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing