Default Queen Anne Table Legs

Does anyone have advice on how I'd go about making the legs pictured
he

http://www.furnitureontheweb.com/NoF.../093215nf.html

I haven't figured out how to make the crown at the top of the leg.

A.M. Wood

"I haven't figured out how to make the crown at the top of the leg."

Neither did the guy who made the legs on the table & chair in the
picture

This may be helpful. Not sure if someone else already posted it.

http://www.lvwwg.com/mar01/LVWG0301email.HTM

Rudy Fichtenbaum

Does anyone have advice on how I'd go about making the legs pictured
he

http://www.furnitureontheweb.com/NoF.../093215nf.html

I haven't figured out how to make the crown at the top of the leg.

Todd,

Make a full size pattern of the leg on paper. Trace it onto some
hardborad or thin plywood and cut out a template. Place the template on
one side of the blank and trace the pattern. Turn the blank so the
pattern you traced is either facing left or right (depending on whether
the leg is upside down or right side up) and trace the pattern again.
The patterns should meet at the corner of the blank. In other words,
don't trace them on opposite side trace the pattern on the adjacent side
of the blank. Cut out one side on a band saw. Tape the pieces you just
cut back to the blank and flip it onto the adjacent side and cut the
blank again. That will give you a rough cut leg with all of the curves.
Then choose your weapon -- spokeshaves, rasps, scrapers, sander, carving
chisels and shape the leg.

Rudy

Where to buy folding adjustable table legs for my outfeed table Dick Snyder Woodworking 10 December 16th 04 09:25 AM
Where to Find/Make Adjustable Table Legs? Jay Chan Woodworking 9 August 30th 04 02:42 AM
If glue is stronger than the wood, do you need to use screws when attaching legs to a table? YJJim Woodworking 3 December 18th 03 03:29 PM
Iron Coffee Table Legs E Woodworking 1 August 30th 03 07:14 PM
Ideas for kitchen table legs? UTRECHT Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 01:48 AM