J T

Default INSPIRATION - Couples Urn

http://www.mhp-urns.com/items.php/co...n_rosetta.html

I think that would be kind of creepy, having that around, only half
full of ashes, and knowing one day you'd be suppying the other half. My
choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a muzzle-loading cannon.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold

firstjois

J T wrote:
http://www.mhp-urns.com/items.php/co...n_rosetta.html

I think that would be kind of creepy, having that around, only
half full of ashes, and knowing one day you'd be suppying the other
half. My choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a
muzzle-loading cannon.

JOAT

This is creepy and the price isn't cheerful either. BTW Ft. Washington on
the Potomac still fires a muzzle-loading cannon (brass) a couple of times a
year. Instead of making or buying a fancy box you should befriend a few of
the boys at the park and make arrangements for getting yourself packed in
for a trip. It would be illegal but I bet you'd like that all the more.

Josie

firstjois wrote:
J T wrote:
http://www.mhp-urns.com/items.php/co...n_rosetta.html

I think that would be kind of creepy, having that around,

only
half full of ashes, and knowing one day you'd be suppying the

other
half. My choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a
muzzle-loading cannon.

This is creepy and the price isn't cheerful either. BTW Ft.

Washington on
the Potomac still fires a muzzle-loading cannon (brass) a couple of

times a
year. Instead of making or buying a fancy box you should befriend a

few of
the boys at the park and make arrangements for getting yourself

packed in
for a trip. It would be illegal but I bet you'd like that all the

more.

Would it be illegal? Not if you're cremated in ADVANCE of being
stuffed down the muzzle I should think.

Sounds like a blast to me....

--

FF

Tim Douglass

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:14:12 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.mhp-urns.com/items.php/co...n_rosetta.html

I think that would be kind of creepy, having that around, only half
full of ashes, and knowing one day you'd be suppying the other half. My
choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a muzzle-loading cannon.

I find the whole idea of having a box full of some ones ashes sitting
around the house rather puzzling. When the body is dead it's dead.
Cremate it, bury it, compost it - whatever. If you want to remember
them get a nice portrait painted and build a good frame. I've met
people who have 2 or 3 urns around their house with parents and pets
in them. It doesn't really strike me as creepy, just puzzling. I like
your cannon idea, although I kind of favor mailing the box of ashes to
a nonexistent address without a return address, so that they end up in
the dead letter office.... ba-ba-ching!

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
SHOOTER1

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to: "Going out with a bang."

My choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a muzzle-loading cannon.
JOAT

SHOOTER1

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to: "Going out with a bang."
Nic

wrote:

My choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a muzzle-loading cannon.

Rick Cook

wrote:

My choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a muzzle-loading cannon.

Which gives a whole new meaning to the term 'getting your ashes hauled'

--RC
igor

wrote:

http://www.mhp-urns.com/items.php/co...n_rosetta.html

I think that would be kind of creepy, having that around, only half
full of ashes, and knowing one day you'd be suppying the other half. My
choice is still getting my ashes shot out of a muzzle-loading cannon.

I find the whole idea of having a box full of some ones ashes sitting
around the house rather puzzling. When the body is dead it's dead.
Cremate it, bury it, compost it - whatever. If you want to remember
them get a nice portrait painted and build a good frame.

But cremation can be so much easier than getting a nice, tight mitered
joint. Or, is death of a loved one the latest excuse to buy a new tool.
"Honey, my favorite uncle Al just died. I'm goin' out to buy a miter
trimmer."

Tim Douglass

wrote:

I find the whole idea of having a box full of some ones ashes sitting
around the house rather puzzling. When the body is dead it's dead.
Cremate it, bury it, compost it - whatever. If you want to remember
them get a nice portrait painted and build a good frame.

But cremation can be so much easier than getting a nice, tight mitered
joint. Or, is death of a loved one the latest excuse to buy a new tool.
"Honey, my favorite uncle Al just died. I'm goin' out to buy a miter
trimmer."

Works for me...

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com