Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Vic Baron

Default FACE FRAME FIRST OR LAST?

A friend and I ( both amateur wooddorkers) have been going around and around
over the order in constructing cabinets. He's an AVID pockethole man and
says he always starts by making the faceframe first and then constructing
the cabinet to fit.

I tend to do it the other way - seems to me that if an adjustment need to be
made, it's much easier to adjust the faceframe to fit rather than vice
versa.

If I'm making a piece of furniture I always construct the carcase first and
fit the faceframe toward the end.

Or is it just personal preference.

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't