Bob Janney

Default Selling tools

Can someone advise me where would the best place be to place an add for some
tools & equipment I would like to sell? I have the following: Delta
Unisaw,Delta Large Planer, Jet Bandsaw,Jet Jointer, Makitia sliding compound
miter saw w/rousseau table, Milwaukee power tools( circ saw, jig saw,
sawzall, 1/2 drill,right angle drill) Dewalt biscut jointer,plunge router,
lots of tools. Most all of this is new, like new or never used.
Bob 973-831-8863
Thanks

Rob Mitchell

Bob Janney wrote:
Can someone advise me where would the best place be to place an add for some
tools & equipment I would like to sell? I have the following: Delta
Unisaw,Delta Large Planer, Jet Bandsaw,Jet Jointer, Makitia sliding compound
miter saw w/rousseau table, Milwaukee power tools( circ saw, jig saw,
sawzall, 1/2 drill,right angle drill) Dewalt biscut jointer,plunge router,
lots of tools. Most all of this is new, like new or never used.
Bob 973-831-8863
Thanks

Bob, what city are you in?

Ebay would be a good choice. In Canada, the websites of Canadian
Workshop Magazine has free for-sale ads. A local newspaper. Local
machine dealers (yellow pages)

You would pretty much have to sell it locally because the weight would
make shipping prohibitive.

Google also has a feature where you can directly target people within a
certain geographic area using their 'Google Adwords' feature. You just
pay by the click after bidding on keywords that apply to you. (eg. used
tools, planer, jointer etc.) I haven't personally tried the feature so
I don't know how well it can pinpoint the person doing the search.

Rob

Patriarch

Bob Janney wrote:
Can someone advise me where would the best place be to place an add
for some tools & equipment I would like to sell?

craigslist.org might be an option.

Or find a woodworking club, an adult ed program, a college with a design,
architecture, sculpture or similar program.

Post a note at the 'old school' lumberyard or hardware store, if you still
have one.

Stuff I've wanted to sell gets posted to our club email list. Priced
right, it always went in a couple of days.

Patriarch
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Rob Mitchell wrote:
Bob Janney wrote:
Can someone advise me where would the best place be to place an add for some
tools & equipment I would like to sell? I have the following: Delta
Unisaw,Delta Large Planer, Jet Bandsaw,Jet Jointer, Makitia sliding compound
miter saw w/rousseau table, Milwaukee power tools( circ saw, jig saw,
sawzall, 1/2 drill,right angle drill) Dewalt biscut jointer,plunge router,
lots of tools. Most all of this is new, like new or never used.
Bob 973-831-8863
Thanks

Bob, what city are you in?

That would be Wayne, NJ.... just northeast of Morristown.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

John

Supposedly Ernest Hemingway once won a bet for writing a story in 6 words:

For Sale
Baby Shoes
Never Worn

Yours is almost as sad. All those tools, never used...

Bob G.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:10:31 -0500, "Bob Janney"
wrote:

Can someone advise me where would the best place be to place an add for some
tools & equipment I would like to sell? I have the following: Delta
Unisaw,Delta Large Planer, Jet Bandsaw,Jet Jointer, Makitia sliding compound
miter saw w/rousseau table, Milwaukee power tools( circ saw, jig saw,
sawzall, 1/2 drill,right angle drill) Dewalt biscut jointer,plunge router,
lots of tools. Most all of this is new, like new or never used.
Bob 973-831-8863
Thanks

I have not read the replies you have already received...BUT I WILL...

BUT I honestly think if I ran a ad in my local newspaper the phone
would start ringing off the hook...BEFORE the morning addition hit the
streets... the guys who run the press would be calling before the
edition even was printed....

Just my opinion....

Bob Griffiths

Who Makes What Tools Gunner Metalworking 7 March 27th 04 10:00 PM
Cheap tools Maxprop Woodturning 0 February 8th 04 04:55 PM
Good deals on select Delta tools dealsites Woodworking 7 January 25th 04 04:03 AM