Scott Lindars

Default High grade plywood source in South Florida

Looking for a source (other than Home Depot and Lowes) for high grade,
finish quality plywood in South Flordia. Ideally Dade, Broward, or
Palm County but would be willing to drive beyond that as needed.
Thanks

LRod

On 9 Feb 2005 14:18:26 -0800, "Scott Lindars"
wrote:

Looking for a source (other than Home Depot and Lowes) for high grade,
finish quality plywood in South Flordia. Ideally Dade, Broward, or
Palm County but would be willing to drive beyond that as needed.

Try http://www.woodfinder.com

....although I was unimpressed with the results when I did it just now.

If memory serves there's a fairly serious ply supplier northwest of
MIA. I seem to recall Medford, or something like that. It's actually
in a small town by that name nestled in between Hialeah and Miami
Lakes or who knows what suburbs.

There's another one, whose name I can't recall, somewhere in the
vicinity of SW 27th Av and Federal Highway (US1).

Neither one of these shows up on woodfinder. Try another internet
search like a yellow pages search.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
sam

Looking for a source (other than Home Depot and Lowes) for high grade,
finish quality plywood in South Flordia. Ideally Dade, Broward, or
Palm County but would be willing to drive beyond that as needed.
Thanks

Check out http://www.woodfinder.com/

Zeke

In article , LRod-
says...
wrote:

Looking for a source (other than Home Depot and Lowes) for high grade,
finish quality plywood in South Flordia. Ideally Dade, Broward, or
Palm County but would be willing to drive beyond that as needed.

Try
http://www.woodfinder.com

...although I was unimpressed with the results when I did it just now.

If memory serves there's a fairly serious ply supplier northwest of
MIA. I seem to recall Medford, or something like that. It's actually
in a small town by that name nestled in between Hialeah and Miami
Lakes or who knows what suburbs.

There's another one, whose name I can't recall, somewhere in the
vicinity of SW 27th Av and Federal Highway (US1).

Neither one of these shows up on woodfinder. Try another internet
search like a yellow pages search.

I've found that woodfinder is worthless for this area. It sounds like
you might be thinking of medley hardwoods in medley, just north of MIA,
which is THE place to buy hardwood lumber, but they do not sell plywood.
Shell lumber is in the area of sw 27th ave and us1 and they do have a
selection of hardwood plywood. Shells prices on the plywood are a little
high, but their hardwood lumber prices are insane, sold by the linear
foot. They have a fair selection of exotics too, but the cost is just
too high. I believe MCR lumber in princetown can get hardwood ply for
you, but their service is so poor its sometimes hard to find out what
they have, or can get.
Hope this helps,
Zeke
Scott Lindars

Are you saying Shells prices are good or bad when you say:

Shells prices on the plywood are a little
high, but their hardwood lumber prices are insane, sold by the linear

foot.

Pat Barber

Found this a long time ago... DO NOT KNOW anything
about them but marine "specialty" stores tend to be
very good and VERY pricey.

http://www.worldpanel.com/

They are "local" to your area....