Michael Billings

Default Metabo woodworking tools?

I recieved a catalog from the Metabo company. Their grinders are awesome.
They list a decent selection of woodworking tools as well. I'd like to know
say for example how their sliding miter saws compare to the others commonly
seen? they also have a nice little 15 amp portable table saw, I'm curious
about the Quality and price.
If anyone can give me feedback on this, please do.

Thank you,

Michael

JGS

Hi Michael,
I noticed that you have yet to get a response to your query which makes me
think that very few people around here use either the Metabo SCMS or the table
saw. Personally I have never seen either one but I do have a Metabo sander and a
drill. Both are very well made and do a great job. Cheers, JG

Michael Billings wrote:

I recieved a catalog from the Metabo company. Their grinders are awesome.
They list a decent selection of woodworking tools as well. I'd like to know
say for example how their sliding miter saws compare to the others commonly
seen? they also have a nice little 15 amp portable table saw, I'm curious
about the Quality and price.
If anyone can give me feedback on this, please do.

Thank you,

Michael

Ken Yee

JGS wrote in
:

saw. Personally I have never seen either one but I do have a Metabo
sander and a drill. Both are very well made and do a great job.

Ditto on their jigsaw (now sold via the Rigid brand at Home Depot).
A lot of their stuff is resold (and color is changed from green
to orange) by Home Depot as the Rigid brand so it's a good idea to
compare models w/ the Metabo catalog because the Rigid tools are
cheaper...

ken
B Man

My buddy who runs a tools store in Hamilton just got the Metabo SCMS in
stock last week - he claims they are supposed to be pretty good. He's
disappointed in the fense for the 7" maching though - it's too flexible, and
I agree - it is.

The base for the unit is a large "X" shape - very stable - they all should
be like that. The motor is supposed to be excellent, although from what I
can see, I'm not crazy about the scale - it's a little hard to read.

It has a VERY smooth slide - the smoothest I've played with.

Price wise, it's the same as the next one. I saw the new Metabo planer and
it looks a lot like the ridgid. No surprise - I think the ridgid is made by
metabo.

I'm not sure why they are dark blue though - I thought Green was their
colour.

Anyhow - it's probably a good machine - no laser, poor fense and no a
pre-cut (no 0 clearance) insert or anything though. That said, I would
probably lean more towards the Hitachi or maybe even a DeWalt.

Brian

"Michael Billings" wrote in message
I recieved a catalog from the Metabo company. Their grinders are awesome.
They list a decent selection of woodworking tools as well. I'd like to
know say for example how their sliding miter saws compare to the others
commonly seen? they also have a nice little 15 amp portable table saw, I'm
curious about the Quality and price.
If anyone can give me feedback on this, please do.

Thank you,

Michael

Russell Booth

"B Man" wrote in
:

[...]

Hi

I only have a their random orbital sander and power grip (mini driver)
which are both very good.
The sander is about the best I have seen or used for the money.
Something that is backed up by the fact that Dewalt (UK) have turned it
yellow and badged it up as theirs..... charging 10% more of course!

Not used the items you mention but like most tool manufacturers, they
make some tools VERY well and others well... so so. Good luck

My advice.... start at the top and work your way down, that way you have
the best best to compare to.

Russ