Tom in Oregon

Default "Need input"

Hi to all once again,

It's been a very long time since I frequented the group due to one thing or
another.

I'm just curious what the feeling or guide lines are about trying to sell a
used piece of equipment. This is just a one time thing for me as I usually
don't sell my tools but I do have a useful piece of shop equipment for sale.
I am upgrading.

I just didn't want to blurt it out and violate any laws, unspoken or
otherwise.

I will be around from time to time.

Tom in Oregon

BobS

Tom,

Before the net Nanny's get to ya.... simply put FS (For Sale) in the Subject
line followed by a short item description. (i.e, FS: Delta 10" Contractor
Saw - Oregon

In the message, include all the particulars about the item for sale, terms
of sale (you pick up, I'll deliver, cash, check, credit card...etc). Include
where the item is and how you are to be contacted.

The 5 W's usually do it pretty good - Who, what, when, where and why... And
if anybody complains - simply tell'em to stuffit...

Bob S.

"Tom in Oregon" wrote in message
Hi to all once again,

It's been a very long time since I frequented the group due to one thing

or
another.

I'm just curious what the feeling or guide lines are about trying to sell

used piece of equipment. This is just a one time thing for me as I

usually
don't sell my tools but I do have a useful piece of shop equipment for

sale.
I am upgrading.

I just didn't want to blurt it out and violate any laws, unspoken or
otherwise.

I will be around from time to time.

Tom in Oregon

Lobby Dosser

"Tom in Oregon" wrote:

Hi to all once again,

It's been a very long time since I frequented the group due to one
thing or another.

I'm just curious what the feeling or guide lines are about trying to
sell a used piece of equipment. This is just a one time thing for me
as I usually don't sell my tools but I do have a useful piece of shop
equipment for sale. I am upgrading.

I just didn't want to blurt it out and violate any laws, unspoken or
otherwise.

I will be around from time to time.

Tom in Oregon

By all means, Blurt!

LD in Oregon
Phisherman

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 01:18:54 GMT, "Tom in Oregon"
wrote:

Hi to all once again,

It's been a very long time since I frequented the group due to one thing or
another.

I'm just curious what the feeling or guide lines are about trying to sell a
used piece of equipment. This is just a one time thing for me as I usually
don't sell my tools but I do have a useful piece of shop equipment for sale.
I am upgrading.

I just didn't want to blurt it out and violate any laws, unspoken or
otherwise.

I will be around from time to time.

Tom in Oregon

Personally, I don't object to selling woodworking equipment in this
forum. I have not read a lot of objection about sellers. However,
you might get better results to sell it on a radio swap program and/or
local newspaper. Shipping heavy equipment can be expensive. Now
you've got me curious. I have to ask what are you thinking about
selling? And, why are you selling it?
Unisaw A100

Ditto what Bob S. said and one other thing, couldn't you be
closer to Wisconsin?

UA100, who more than likely will find shipping
prohibitive...

patrick conroy

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

Ditto what Bob S. said and one other thing, couldn't you be
closer to Wisconsin?

Felt the same thing reading about the Carpenter giving away "mahogany" in
Yewston.
Criminy, how come none of these folks live in Denver?