Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom

Default Sawstop Cabinet Saw running great

Dear Folks,

I have benefited from this group over the years thought I should contribute
when I did something daring and it worked.
Basically, I upgraded my 12 yr old Grizzly contractor saw with a Vega fence
to a Sawstop cabinet 3hp saw. The saw is a well-designed and smooth running
saw. I have had it for three weeks now, and I'm quite happy with it.

It comes with a biesemeyer clone fence which is solid and accurate. The
reviews posted earlier are accurate and quite detailed so I won't repeat
them. I am a hobbyist and wanted to upgrade to a cabinet saw. I think the
sawstop saw is a excellent saw and should be considered if you want to
acquire a cabinet saw. (http://www.sawstop.com ).

The only surprise was the weight of the saw. It comes in one solid piece of
steel (~650 pounds) and it was tricky to get into the basement. But with a
case of Guinness, three friends, a block and tackle, a piano dolly and a
refrigerator dolly, we succeeded.

The manual discussing installation, use and safety features is easy and fun
to read. The riving knife on the saw is wonderful and so far, the saw is so
much fun to use, that my woodworking project list has doubled.

So, if you have gotten your fingers too close to a running saw blade to be
comfortable, and you are considering a new saw, this one is the one to get!

Signed,

Having-fun-in-Jersey

Tom