dwright

Welcome to the group! I hope it won't be long before there are lots
of us. I'm impressed that you were able to get it into a basement
safely. A friend and I struggled to just get mine out of his truck
and straight down to my garage floor using a 12 part tackle.

Every now and then, usually before heading in at the end of a shop
session, I pop open the doors, pull up the insert, and look closely
at the guts of this saw. Every part seems to be overengineered, well
made, and suited to its function. Allen head bolts everywhere. Lots
of cast iron and very thick sheet metal. No sharp edges.

The only complaint I have about the saw, at least at this point
(almost two months operation), is that the anti-kickback teeth on the
full guard leave scratches on the wood unless I run the blade at least
1" higher than the top of the wood. I asked Steve Gass if he would
personally choose running the blade 1" high or working without the
anti-kickback teeth. His choice would be to remove the teeth. They
are attached with allen head bolts - easy to pull off and set aside
in case you want to try them again later on. No pop rivets on this
saw.

I'd be interested in any significant experiences and comments that
might come up as you continue to use your saw.

Regards,

Dave