Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
tiredofspam

Default Blue Marples are no long the same

Just went to Woodcraft today.. They opened a new franchise in Allentown
PA... Still the same old expensive place...
But hey looked everything over.... good deal on purple heart 4.83 bd ft
Terrible deal on cherry $8.xx / bd ft 4/4... what are they insane... I
pay anywhere from 3.40 to 5 for 4/4... I could understand the thicker
stock, but .... these guys and gals...

Anyway I saw the blue chips... they aren't like my blue chips... Irwin
took them over and destroyed what was a decent chisel. The tooling marks
on this will require many hours to remove. There are tooling marks on
the bevels the back and the front.... I didn't have to spend much time
when I got mine, the backs required a little work,the edge bevel normal
amount. But good luck with these. I am taking them off my recommended
list. So the costco stuff might have been indicitave of what is to
come. Lower quality... Irwin is just like Stanley... or Black and
Decker (never owned one) The bottom line and screw the consumer.