d2

Default Automatic switch for dust collector

Hello,

I'm looking for a schematic for an automatic switch which you place in
series with your router, sander,... As you switch on the equipment it
automatically swith on the dust collector or shopvac. I suppose it is
based on current transformer,but I want to use few parts to trigger
the relay around it (the less the complexity, the more the fiability.
If someone can help sending the schematic or giving the link to a web
description

Didier
Pat Barber

It's been done by Sears...(don't know how)

I can't find it on the web site, but they do
sell a device(I have two) that does what you want.

d2 wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for a schematic for an automatic switch which you place in
series with your router, sander,... As you switch on the equipment it
automatically swith on the dust collector or shopvac. I suppose it is
based on current transformer,but I want to use few parts to trigger
the relay around it (the less the complexity, the more the fiability.
If someone can help sending the schematic or giving the link to a web
description

Didier

Bert

d2 wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for a schematic for an automatic switch which you place

in
series with your router, sander,... As you switch on the equipment it
automatically swith on the dust collector or shopvac. I suppose it is
based on current transformer,but I want to use few parts to trigger
the relay around it (the less the complexity, the more the

fiability.
If someone can help sending the schematic or giving the link to a web
description

Didier

A proper "current relay" will allow you do do that with one component.
Bert

kstone

Bert wrote:
d2 wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for a schematic for an automatic switch which you place

in

series with your router, sander,... As you switch on the equipment it
automatically swith on the dust collector or shopvac. I suppose it is
based on current transformer,but I want to use few parts to trigger
the relay around it (the less the complexity, the more the

fiability.

If someone can help sending the schematic or giving the link to a web
description

Didier

A proper "current relay" will allow you do do that with one component.
Bert

look for a book called "The Small Wood Shop" published by fine
woodworking. It has an article for building one with Minimal investment.
CW

Yes, that's a current transformer and relay in one box. Define one
component.

"Bert" wrote in message
ups.com...
A proper "current relay" will allow you do do that with one component.
Bert

Sears offers a Craftsman Auto Switch, item#00924031000, for $19.99.
I have one connected to my DC and RAS. The unit has two switched
outlets.

Al

igor

On 27 Jan 2005 19:35:21 -0800, "
wrote:

Sears offers a Craftsman Auto Switch, item#00924031000, for $19.99.
I have one connected to my DC and RAS. The unit has two switched
outlets.

Al

Do you know the amp ratings for each outlet? There is no info about that
at the Sears.com site. Also, it shows 1 "power tool" and 2 "accessory"
outlets. Seems like it should be the other way around. TIA. -- Igor
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

igor wrote:
Do you know the amp ratings for each outlet? There is no info about that
at the Sears.com site. Also, it shows 1 "power tool" and 2 "accessory"
outlets. Seems like it should be the other way around. TIA. -- Igor

You might consider approaching this from another angle: a wireless remote. I
got one for my dust collector that came with one receiver and two transmitters.
I've got one hanging on a hook by the light switches; the other velcroed to my
table saw. I turn on the DC, then the tool. It may be manual but it's light
years beyond having to bend over and hit the DC's switch.

I paid about $45 for it at Klingspor's. Woodcraft sells them; probably several
others.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Malcolm Webb

Does anyone know of a similar auto switch to the Craftsman available here
in the UK?

Malcolm Webb

The unit is rated at 15 amps. Enough for my set-up. I have the RAS
plugged into the power outlet and the DC into one of the accessory
outlets.

Al

Nova

" wrote:

The unit is rated at 15 amps. Enough for my set-up. I have the RAS
plugged into the power outlet and the DC into one of the accessory
outlets.

Al

Is the 15 amp rating total current, that is combined draw for both the
item plugged into "power" outlet plus the draw of each item on the
"accessory" outlets?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Bert

Something along this line is what I use:

http://www.crmagnetics.com/newprod/ProductView.asp?ProdName=CR4395
Bert