Michael Billings

Default Automatic turn on switch

I have a Bosch 3915 Sliding miter saw. I'm bolting it to nice bench with
support wings. In base of the bench I want to have storage as well as a
shop Vac. directly hooked up to the saw. Ideally, I want to be able to turn
on the saw and have the shop Vac function at the same time (automatically).
Is there a way to do this without major wire modification on the saw?
Thanks.

Michael B.

Al

I would suggest a seperate micro switch (mains rated) attached to the back
of the saw so when the saw is slid forward the switch operates or it could
be attached to the part where the saw tilts down and is operated, this would
need a flexible lead though. I know it's obvious but make sure all bare wire
are enclosed in a proper shroud so there is no possibility of you or your
saw comng into contact with the wiring. The micro switch should interrupt
the path of the "live" to a socket that the extractor is plugged into.
Ideally you should have an isolator that will kill the power to the whole
sawbench when you are not present.

Rgds Al

.. "Michael Billings" wrote in message
I have a Bosch 3915 Sliding miter saw. I'm bolting it to nice bench with
support wings. In base of the bench I want to have storage as well as a
shop Vac. directly hooked up to the saw. Ideally, I want to be able to
turn on the saw and have the shop Vac function at the same time
(automatically). Is there a way to do this without major wire modification
on the saw? Thanks.

Michael B.

JGS

Hi Michael,
If you already have the Shop Vac ignore this post but if you don't, just buy
one with that feature. JG

Michael Billings wrote:

I have a Bosch 3915 Sliding miter saw. I'm bolting it to nice bench with
support wings. In base of the bench I want to have storage as well as a
shop Vac. directly hooked up to the saw. Ideally, I want to be able to turn
on the saw and have the shop Vac function at the same time (automatically).
Is there a way to do this without major wire modification on the saw?
Thanks.

Michael B.

Tom Veatch

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 06:20:22 GMT, "Michael Billings"
wrote:

I have a Bosch 3915 Sliding miter saw. I'm bolting it to nice bench with
support wings. In base of the bench I want to have storage as well as a
shop Vac. directly hooked up to the saw. Ideally, I want to be able to turn
on the saw and have the shop Vac function at the same time (automatically).
Is there a way to do this without major wire modification on the saw?
Thanks.

Michael B.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...&bidsite=CRAFT

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA

Han

Tom Veatch wrote in
:

wrote:

I have a Bosch 3915 Sliding miter saw. I'm bolting it to nice bench
with support wings. In base of the bench I want to have storage as
well as a shop Vac. directly hooked up to the saw. Ideally, I want to
be able to turn on the saw and have the shop Vac function at the same
time (automatically). Is there a way to do this without major wire
modification on the saw? Thanks.

Michael B.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...Yes&vertical=T
OOL&pid=00924031000&bidsite=CRAFT

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA

I second that. It's portable and can be used for lights as well as vacs.

--
Best regards
Han