Wilson Lamb

Default Jointer Wanted

Yep, it's about time for something with a long bed. The old C'man is fine,
but just too short. 6" is plenty wide, but the bed bed must be long (66").
Being frugal, I'd like to find something used, somewhere near central NC.
Does anyone now of one available?
Wilson

LRod

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:40:13 GMT, "Wilson Lamb"
wrote:

Yep, it's about time for something with a long bed. The old C'man is fine,
but just too short. 6" is plenty wide, but the bed bed must be long (66").
Being frugal, I'd like to find something used, somewhere near central NC.
Does anyone now of one available?

How about the finest 6" jointer ever made: the Delta DJ15? I have one
for sale with an HTC mobile base. It was new for me in '92 (age
doesn't really matter with these babies) and is in excellent shape.

It was going to be my jointer-for-life and there is nothing wrong with
it except I happened across a deal on a DJ20 that I couldn't pass up.
I'm looking for $700 for it, and if that seems like a lot, ask around
about the DJ series (15, 20, 30). It sold for around $1100 new (in
1980's dollars + about $100 for the mobile base). Unparalleled design.
No one's (including Delta) 6" jointer today even comes close.

I can have it in the Charlotte area upon conclusion of discussion. Do
the obvious with my email addy to reach me.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
igor

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 03:39:00 +0000, LRod
wrote:

How about the finest 6" jointer ever made: the Delta DJ15? I have one
for sale with an HTC mobile base. It was new for me in '92 (age
doesn't really matter with these babies) and is in excellent shape.

It was going to be my jointer-for-life and there is nothing wrong with
it except I happened across a deal on a DJ20 that I couldn't pass up.
I'm looking for $700 for it, and if that seems like a lot, ask around
about the DJ series (15, 20, 30). It sold for around $1100 new (in
1980's dollars + about $100 for the mobile base). Unparalleled design.

I'd want a jointer with a paralleled design. -- Igor
LRod

wrote:

How about the finest 6" jointer ever made: the Delta DJ15? I have one
for sale with an HTC mobile base. It was new for me in '92 (age
doesn't really matter with these babies) and is in excellent shape.

It was going to be my jointer-for-life and there is nothing wrong with
it except I happened across a deal on a DJ20 that I couldn't pass up.
I'm looking for $700 for it, and if that seems like a lot, ask around
about the DJ series (15, 20, 30). It sold for around $1100 new (in
1980's dollars + about $100 for the mobile base). Unparalleled design.

I'd want a jointer with a paralleled design. -- Igor

Given that the series was renowned for its parallelogram design,
perhaps I should have spread my hyperbole elsewhere.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
igor

wrote:

How about the finest 6" jointer ever made: the Delta DJ15? I have one
for sale with an HTC mobile base. It was new for me in '92 (age
doesn't really matter with these babies) and is in excellent shape.

It was going to be my jointer-for-life and there is nothing wrong with
it except I happened across a deal on a DJ20 that I couldn't pass up.
I'm looking for $700 for it, and if that seems like a lot, ask around
about the DJ series (15, 20, 30). It sold for around $1100 new (in
1980's dollars + about $100 for the mobile base). Unparalleled design.

I'd want a jointer with a paralleled design. -- Igor

Given that the series was renowned for its parallelogram design,
perhaps I should have spread my hyperbole elsewhere.

Hey, we'll have none of that around here. This is a family show. Oh wait,
I forgot, we chased out those %&*$ers. As you were. -- Igor

Dave Miller

Man, I wish you were in Indy. I'd love a DJ-15, and would provide a
good home for it, I can assure you.

Anyone have a jointer for sale in or around Indianapolis? Give me a
holler. Thanks!