Default gloat (Delta molding head)

Recently I purchased a nice old Delta triple cutter molding head, model
#84-813(?--found penciled inside the box)on eBay. It arrived in a
sweet little wooden box with nine sets of cutters, a Allen-type wrench
on a hotdog-shaped steel handle, and a routed space for some other part
which is missing. $28, delivered.

But I wanna know what that missing part is: the space is shaped
something like a champagne cork, only smaller--about 1 3/8" long and
1/2 dia, with a wider truncated cone at one end. I did a quick DAGS,
and one on the OWWM site(looking for "Delta molding head")without luck.
Any o' you other dorkers got a notion? Thanks.

Dan

My Old Tools

I have that set, but probably a later model as mine is in plastic. It has a
sleeve that fits in the bore, but it's just straight. It doesn't have
anything like you described.

--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com
oups.com...
Recently I purchased a nice old Delta triple cutter molding head, model

roups.com...
Recently I purchased a nice old Delta triple cutter molding head, model
#84-813(?--found penciled inside the box)on eBay. It arrived in a
sweet little wooden box with nine sets of cutters, a Allen-type wrench
on a hotdog-shaped steel handle, and a routed space for some other part
which is missing. $28, delivered.

But I wanna know what that missing part is: the space is shaped
something like a champagne cork, only smaller--about 1 3/8" long and
1/2 dia, with a wider truncated cone at one end. I did a quick DAGS,
and one on the OWWM site(looking for "Delta molding head")without luck.
Any o' you other dorkers got a notion? Thanks.

Dan

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:15:08 -0600, "My Old Tools"
wrote:

I have that set, but probably a later model as mine is in plastic. It has a
sleeve that fits in the bore, but it's just straight. It doesn't have
anything like you described.

--
Ross

I bet that's it. the truncated cone in the fitted space in the box
must be for getting your finger in there to get it out of the box.

look in the bore of the molding head. the sleeve may be in there.

You're probably right, guys. That thought had crossed my mind, and the
slot would be about the right size for a bushing. It is not in the
bore on the head; however, as the bore fits my TS, I won't worry about
it. Thanks for the quick response.

I'm gonna make a couple of zero-clearance plates and whittle up some
sawdust.

Dan

Cleaning VCR - need help and a diagram Mike Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 04 03:54 PM
Delta 28-299B Bandsaw, minor gloat (I think) Forrest Chamberlain Woodworking 22 December 22nd 03 11:23 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM