R.H.

Default What is it? XLV

Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Cherokee-Ltd

248. Ironing board pad/cover hold down
249. 2/3 wire stripper
250. Nail set
251. Drywall anchor
252. Guy wire cable clamp
253. Piping installation tool

-Brian

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Waynemak

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

251 drywakk screw/hanger

242 disc brake piston tool

Jonathan Wilson

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

248 looks like its designed to hold something heavy
251 is a screw, probobly designed to have a lot of grip/holding power.
252 looks like some kind of clamp
Matthew Newell

In article ,
says...
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

248 - camp bed springs

249 - end looks like nail clippers - but dont understand
other bits

250 a centre punch with a very heavy grip

251 - a plastre board screw - screw this into plaster board
and use normal screw in hole through core (not shown)of
this thing

252 some form of adjustable vice jaws

253 for separating two (hot) wires ? - or cutting through
(and providing nice even rounded sides) a substance that
melts easily, it looks as if it has been heated regularly

Tom Gardner

253 is a tool for installing the locking bead into car window rubber
moulding. (Got one)

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Little

Just posted another set of photos this morning:
249 fly fisherman's tool

Leon

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

248. Filament
249. US American made. ;~)
250. Corn on the cob dish.
251. Self drilling Dry wall insert.
252. Ground rod clamp
253. Carpet tool

Scott Lurndal

"R.H." writes:
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

248: Some kind of heating element (perhaps hairdryer?)
251: Screw-in drywall anchor.

scott

John DeBoo

Looks like wierd kinky stuff for sex fantasies! Ouch!!!!!!!

R.H. wrote:

Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

R.H.

"Cherokee-Ltd" wrote in message
248. Ironing board pad/cover hold down

Nope, I forgot to mention that this photo is a close-up, approximately six
times larger than actual size.

249. 2/3 wire stripper

Not a wire stripper.

250. Nail set

It could be used as one, but according to the seller it's something else.

251. Drywall anchor

It's used with drywall, but it's not an anchor.

252. Guy wire cable clamp

Nope

253. Piping installation tool

I don't know what this one is, I'm still trying to verify it on the web.

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

R.H.

251. Drywall anchor

It's used with drywall, but it's not an anchor.

I take that back, I looks like it is an anchor so this answer is correct. I
thought an anchor was something that a screw was screwed into, but I guess
it applies to a wider variety of items.

R.H.

"Waynemak" wrote in message

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

251 drywakk screw/hanger

Yes, instructions on how to use it can be seen he

http://www.itwbrands.com/prod_ezanchor_hanger.php

242 disc brake piston tool

Correct

R.H.

"Jonathan Wilson" wrote in message
R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

248 looks like its designed to hold something heavy

As I stated in a previous post, I should have mentioned this one is a
close-up, six time larger than actual size.

251 is a screw, probobly designed to have a lot of grip/holding power.

Yes, for drywall

252 looks like some kind of clamp

Correct, though not very specific...

R.H.

"Matthew Newell" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

248 - camp bed springs

This one is a little misleading, as stated previously, I neglected to
mention the photo is six times actual size.

249 - end looks like nail clippers - but dont understand
other bits

It does look like nail clippers, but that's not what it's for.

250 a centre punch with a very heavy grip

Correct.

251 - a plastre board screw - screw this into plaster board
and use normal screw in hole through core (not shown)of
this thing

Yes, except there is no second screw, the end that you can't see is screwed
with a phillips head driver.

252 some form of adjustable vice jaws

Correct.

253 for separating two (hot) wires ? - or cutting through
(and providing nice even rounded sides) a substance that
melts easily, it looks as if it has been heated regularly

Still not sure about this one...

R.H.

"Little" wrote in message
ups.com...

Just posted another set of photos this morning:
249 fly fisherman's tool

Correct, it's a multi-tool with four different uses.

R.H.

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
k.net...

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

R.H.

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. com...
253 is a tool for installing the locking bead into car window rubber
moulding. (Got one)

Does it look just like mine? I can't find one like it on the web to verify
your answer. Any idea where I could see one?

R.H.

"Leon" wrote in message
om...

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

248. Filament

Correct, good job on that one.

249. US American made. ;~)
250. Corn on the cob dish.

Too small for that, sometimes I have a hard time telling if someone is
joking or if they didn't read the dimensions. Also it's not concave.

251. Self drilling Dry wall insert.

Yes.

252. Ground rod clamp

Nope

253. Carpet tool

Not yet sure about this one.

R.H.

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
m...
"R.H." writes:
Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

248: Some kind of heating element (perhaps hairdryer?)

Nope, but it does get hot.

251: Screw-in drywall anchor.

Correct.

scott

R.H.

"yourname" wrote in message
dammit, I thought I'd get that one first.
tis true, I own one

As I asked the previous poster, any idea where I could see one like it on
the web?

Scott Lurndal

"R.H." writes:
251. Drywall anchor

It's used with drywall, but it's not an anchor.

I take that back, I looks like it is an anchor so this answer is correct. I
thought an anchor was something that a screw was screwed into, but I guess
it applies to a wider variety of items.

Actually, you screw a screw into the #251, it's not much use otherwise.

scott
B.B.

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Just posted another set of photos this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

248. My dad's suspenders. How did YOU get them?
249. Abu Ghraib pocket interrogation kit.
250. "Ribbed for her pleasure" nail. For the woodier trees.
251. Piece from "Barbie's Foundation Drill" playset.
252. Album Cover from Yanni's brief foray into industrial music.
253. Tool for installing stripes into zebras.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
B.B.

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

"yourname" wrote in message
dammit, I thought I'd get that one first.
tis true, I own one

As I asked the previous poster, any idea where I could see one like it on
the web?

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/ Scroll down to #253. (:
I actually hunted around for a while because I have seen such a tool
out on the internet, but I couldn't find it this time around.
However, I did find this gem during my search:
http://denali.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu:...get.phtml?mess
age_id=59285&submit_thread=1#message
Or: http://tinyurl.com/5p4h6 for short.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/

Jim C Roberts

Figured I'd give this a try;

248) Hand exerciser

249) No clue, but it looks painful

250) No idea, is the top right end open?

251) Drywall anchor

252) Hold down dogs of some sort?

253) Again no idea, but it too looks painful.

Hmmm, only able to guess at 3 out of 6, oh well.

Regards,
Jim C Roberts

Scotty

Just posted another set of photos this morning:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/
Rob

252. Pipe clamp jaws for a vise.

Scotty

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:

"Matthew Newell" wrote in message
ET...

[ ... ]

251 - a plastre board screw - screw this into plaster board
and use normal screw in hole through core (not shown)of
this thing

Yes, except there is no second screw, the end that you can't see is screwed
with a phillips head driver.

But there *should* be. The Phillips driver screws this into the
wall, and then a long metal screw is put into the center of the first,
and it shifts the point, turning it sideway, and clamps down on the back
of the drywall with it. They come in a clear plastic box with several
of these, and an equal number of the screws to put into them once they
are seated in the drywall.

252 some form of adjustable vice jaws

Correct.

In particular, they look like jaws to fit inside the normal vise
jaws, to grip pipe or other round stock.

253 for separating two (hot) wires ? - or cutting through
(and providing nice even rounded sides) a substance that
melts easily, it looks as if it has been heated regularly

Still not sure about this one...

No bets on that one.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Matthew Newell

In article , dnichols@d-
and-d.com says...
In article ,
R.H. wrote:

"Matthew Newell" wrote in message
ET...

[ ... ]

251 - a plastre board screw - screw this into plaster board
and use normal screw in hole through core (not shown)of
this thing

Yes, except there is no second screw, the end that you can't see is screwed
with a phillips head driver.

But there *should* be. The Phillips driver screws this into the
wall, and then a long metal screw is put into the center of the first,
and it shifts the point, turning it sideway, and clamps down on the back
of the drywall with it. They come in a clear plastic box with several
of these, and an equal number of the screws to put into them once they
are seated in the drywall.

snipped

Don is completely correct - my entire office is partitioned
with (what we call in UK) plaster board. The board is not
strong enough to hold pictures or maps using a normal screw
or tack. this thing you have is pushed into the plaster
board - then its external thread is used to pull it all the
way into the soft wall till its head is flush, then the
smaller fine metal screw is used to attach 'whatever' to
the wall via the plastic screw.

I have a tv screen held to wall with them - so I sure hope
they work!

Regards

Matthew Newell

Hattie

WOW! These pics are FANTASTIC!
Hattie

Duane Bozarth

"R.H." wrote:

Just posted another set of photos this morning:

Did you ever come up w/ a solution for the weight on the last set (246,
I think??)? My dial up is so slow loading the images takes so long I
don't want to take the time...
Matthew Russotto

In article ,
R.H. wrote:

251 drywakk screw/hanger

Yes, instructions on how to use it can be seen he

http://www.itwbrands.com/prod_ezanchor_hanger.php

Aha! I have a mirror which has a back likely intended to take
something like this, but I'd never seen the actual device before.

Basically the mirror (which is quite heavy) has a wooden back with a
round hole partially covered at the top by a metal strap, making a
D-shaped opening to a round hole. It's hanging now by an L-shaped-hook, but
if the hook were to rotate....
Roger Haar

Hi,
#248 looks like the filament of a light bulb of
some sort.

Thanks for the fun
Roger

**********************************
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Matthew Newell wrote:
In article , dnichols@d-
and-d.com says...
In article ,
R.H. wrote:

"Matthew Newell" wrote in message
ET...

[ ... ]

251 - a plastre board screw - screw this into plaster board
and use normal screw in hole through core (not shown)of
this thing

[ ... ]

But there *should* be. The Phillips driver screws this into the
wall, and then a long metal screw is put into the center of the first,
and it shifts the point, turning it sideway, and clamps down on the back
of the drywall with it. They come in a clear plastic box with several
of these, and an equal number of the screws to put into them once they
are seated in the drywall.

snipped

Don is completely correct - my entire office is partitioned
with (what we call in UK) plaster board.

There are various names for it here in the USA. The most common
(at least in the Washington DC vicinity) is "drywall", though I first
learned "sheetrock" down in South Texas. (It may have been a brand
name -- I was just a kid at the time.)

The board is not
strong enough to hold pictures or maps using a normal screw
or tack. this thing you have is pushed into the plaster
board - then its external thread is used to pull it all the
way into the soft wall till its head is flush, then the
smaller fine metal screw is used to attach 'whatever' to
the wall via the plastic screw.

I have a tv screen held to wall with them - so I sure hope
they work!

Ouch! A standard CRT, or one of the flat-panel LCD ones? If
the former, it will be cantilevering a pull on the upper ones. These
things are stronger in sheer than in tension.

If it is a true CRT, I would suggest that the support be of the
form:

Use a fixed-pitch font to avoid distortion of the image.
Courier should work well.

Wall
|| | ----- metal plate
|| | +----------------------+
|| |x| |
|| | | T V |
|| |x| set |
|| | | |
|| | | |
|| | | |
|| | | |
|| | | |
|| | +----------------------+
|| |========================== --- metal support
|| |x___________________/
|| |/ ^
|| |
+-------- Welded metal bracket

Wherever you see an 'x' on the drawing above, you want a line of
the screws -- spaced something like 8" (200mm) apart. Much closer, and
you will weaken the drywall. Much farther apart, and you won't have
enough strength.

Where there are rows closer than that distance apart, stagger
the screws like this:

+------------------------+
| x x |
| |
| x x |
| |
| x x |
| |
| |
| |
| |
|========================|
| x |_| x |_| x |
+------------------------+

The bottom row of screws offers the least support -- but it
still can help in shear.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

R.H.

Hi,
#248 looks like the filament of a light bulb of
some sort.

Correct, it's an old 750 watt GE projection bulb. Not sure if it still
works, the glass is just a little loose in the base so I'm not sure if I
want to give it a try.

R.H.

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
"R.H." wrote:

Just posted another set of photos this morning:

Did you ever come up w/ a solution for the weight on the last set (246,
I think??)? My dial up is so slow loading the images takes so long I
don't want to take the time...

The weight that unscrewed into two pieces was #244, I haven't been able to
confirm what it was used with, I'm guessing some type of scale.

R.H.

But there *should* be. The Phillips driver screws this into the
wall, and then a long metal screw is put into the center of the first,
and it shifts the point, turning it sideway, and clamps down on the

back
of the drywall with it. They come in a clear plastic box with several
of these, and an equal number of the screws to put into them once they
are seated in the drywall.

The one in my photo is different than the type you have in mind, there is no
second screw for this one. If you haven't already seen the link that I
posted previously, have a look at this site for instructions for this one:

http://www.itwbrands.com/prod_ezanchor_hanger.php

snipped

Don is completely correct - my entire office is partitioned
with (what we call in UK) plaster board.

There are various names for it here in the USA. The most common
(at least in the Washington DC vicinity) is "drywall", though I first
learned "sheetrock" down in South Texas. (It may have been a brand
name -- I was just a kid at the time.)

The board is not
strong enough to hold pictures or maps using a normal screw
or tack. this thing you have is pushed into the plaster
board - then its external thread is used to pull it all the
way into the soft wall till its head is flush, then the
smaller fine metal screw is used to attach 'whatever' to
the wall via the plastic screw.

I have a tv screen held to wall with them - so I sure hope
they work!

Ouch! A standard CRT, or one of the flat-panel LCD ones? If
the former, it will be cantilevering a pull on the upper ones. These
things are stronger in sheer than in tension.

If it is a true CRT, I would suggest that the support be of the
form:

Use a fixed-pitch font to avoid distortion of the image.
Courier should work well.

Wall
|| | ----- metal plate
|| | +----------------------+
|| |x| |
|| | | T V |
|| |x| set |
|| | | |
|| | | |
|| | | |
|| | | |
|| | | |
|| | +----------------------+
|| |========================== --- metal support
|| |x___________________/
|| |/ ^
|| |
[...]

Looks like a good plan...

R.H.

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
In article ,
R.H. wrote:

[...]

Yes, they're for pipe.

R.H.

"R.H." writes:
251. Drywall anchor

It's used with drywall, but it's not an anchor.

I take that back, I looks like it is an anchor so this answer is correct.

thought an anchor was something that a screw was screwed into, but I

guess
it applies to a wider variety of items.

Actually, you screw a screw into the #251, it's not much use otherwise.

If you haven't already seen the link that explains this one, here it is
again:

http://www.itwbrands.com/prod_ezanchor_hanger.php