B Man

Default Lee Valley Bessey Sale

As many of you probably know, Lee Valley has a sale on Bessey Clamps - so
long as you order before Jan 29.

(go to http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...1&p=51095&cat= for the
details.

The set that is $125 Canadian has two 12 inch clamps and two 24 inch clamps
and the setup blocks.

My buddy runs a tool store, and says that the cheapest he's ever been able
to get this set for (his cost) is $165.

So how in the world can Lee Valley afford to sell them at $125 ? To make it
worth their while, their cost can't be greater than $100.

Great deal - I've got two sets of clamps on order!

Brian

Robin Lee

"B Man" wrote in message
. ..
As many of you probably know, Lee Valley has a sale on Bessey Clamps - so
long as you order before Jan 29.

(go to http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...1&p=51095&cat= for the
details.

The set that is $125 Canadian has two 12 inch clamps and two 24 inch

clamps
and the setup blocks.

My buddy runs a tool store, and says that the cheapest he's ever been able
to get this set for (his cost) is $165.

So how in the world can Lee Valley afford to sell them at $125 ? To make

it
worth their while, their cost can't be greater than $100.

Great deal - I've got two sets of clamps on order!

Brian

Hi -

Our cost is significantly higher than $100...it's a good deal, especially if
you're willing to wait a bit. We've sold every kit we can lay our hands on,
and everything the plant can produce for the next month or so...(so far)....

I suspect that we'll soon be booking delivery in March.

In the US - the deal is just as good - though one can come close from
Amazon, with free shipping, and the right coupon... we just won't sell at a
loss, and are unable to go any lower.

Cheers -

Rob

Nick Degidio

Bought a set from Amazon in Dec, paid 139.99 us, and shipped for free,
delivered in less then a week (ordered Sunday, delivered Friday.)

Wrote to them about the Leevally price, will see if they will match price,
less 10% of difference, I could always use more clamps.

I'll post answer from Amazon.

"B Man" wrote in message
. ..
As many of you probably know, Lee Valley has a sale on Bessey Clamps - so
long as you order before Jan 29.

(go to http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...1&p=51095&cat= for the
details.

The set that is $125 Canadian has two 12 inch clamps and two 24 inch

clamps
and the setup blocks.

My buddy runs a tool store, and says that the cheapest he's ever been able
to get this set for (his cost) is $165.

So how in the world can Lee Valley afford to sell them at $125 ? To make

it
worth their while, their cost can't be greater than $100.

Great deal - I've got two sets of clamps on order!

Brian

John

Also, look at the Gross Stabil clamps on sale at Woodcraft, 25% off
list, so 24in clamp for $25.99, 40in for $33.50, and 48in for $35.99

You can get 4 of the $24in clamps for $104 - and shipping is very
attractive. Worked up a order for 6 of the 24in and 2 of the 48in,
total shipping (FedEx Ground, got here in 2days) was $12.99 for 2
packages that totalled 70pounds in weight

Make a set of setup blocks out of glued up baltic birch ply and save
some money over the Bessey's

John

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:58:57 -0500, "B Man" wrote:

As many of you probably know, Lee Valley has a sale on Bessey Clamps - so
long as you order before Jan 29.

(go to http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...1&p=51095&cat= for the
details.

The set that is $125 Canadian has two 12 inch clamps and two 24 inch clamps
and the setup blocks.

My buddy runs a tool store, and says that the cheapest he's ever been able
to get this set for (his cost) is $165.

So how in the world can Lee Valley afford to sell them at $125 ? To make it
worth their while, their cost can't be greater than $100.

Great deal - I've got two sets of clamps on order!

Brian

Groggy

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:03:21 -0500, "Robin Lee"
wrote:
snip
In the US - the deal is just as good - though one can come close from
Amazon, with free shipping, and the right coupon... we just won't sell at a
loss, and are unable to go any lower.

shakes head

If these guys had *any* idea of the size of the bun fight this has
caused in far away Australia, and the machinations under way to help
us get a piece of the action....

Suffice to say we have felt we missed out due to the tyranny of
distance and shipping cost, and Lee Valley are (as usual) doing their
best to keep his upside down customers satisfied.

It's appreciated. It is also interesting to observe LV becoming a
yardstick for service levels in a country that doesn't even have a
store (yet! 30 deg today Rob).

Groggy

Dave Balderstone

In article , Groggy
wrote:

It's appreciated. It is also interesting to observe LV becoming a
yardstick for service levels in a country that doesn't even have a
store (yet! 30 deg today Rob).

Hey, I'm in a CANADIAN CITY that doesn't have a store yet. (-64C with
windchill a few days ago, Rob)

On the upside, LV doesn't charge provincial sales tax when I order by
mail, but have to where they have a brick 'n mortar presence.

djb

Clint

Unless, of course, you live in Edmonton or Calgary, where you have a Lee
Valley AND no sales tax!

Clint (who moved to Edmonton 6 months ago and still hasn't made it to the
Lee Valley yet *sigh*)

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...

--
"The thing about saying the wrong words is that A, I don't notice it, and

B,

I'm interested to see if Amazon will match LV's price in the US because
AFAIK LV doesn't have a brick-and-mortar store in the US and according
to Amazon's price matching policy posted on their website this is one
of the criteria for their offer. I just recently ordered a Delta drill
press from Amazon when Lowe's was having their 20% off sale and when I
called Amazon the rep. asked me for the DP model # and the location and
phone # of the Lowe's in my area. He put me on hold while he called
Lowe's to confirm the price and after they had he took my order. I got
Lowe's sale price plus 10% of the difference between Lowe's sale price
and Amazon's price which was like $2 but it was a smokin' deal. I ended
up paying about $73 for a DP that I had seen on Amazon for $109 only a
month or two before.

Robin Lee

wrote:

It's appreciated. It is also interesting to observe LV becoming a
yardstick for service levels in a country that doesn't even have a
store (yet! 30 deg today Rob).

Hey, I'm in a CANADIAN CITY that doesn't have a store yet. (-64C with
windchill a few days ago, Rob)

On the upside, LV doesn't charge provincial sales tax when I order by
mail, but have to where they have a brick 'n mortar presence.

djb

--
"The thing about saying the wrong words is that A, I don't notice it, and

B,

Hi Dave -

For the first time, I can say you're officially on the list...

(and in the top 3)

Cheers -

Rob

Robin Lee

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm interested to see if Amazon will match LV's price in the US because
AFAIK LV doesn't have a brick-and-mortar store in the US and according
to Amazon's price matching policy posted on their website this is one
of the criteria for their offer. I just recently ordered a Delta drill
press from Amazon when Lowe's was having their 20% off sale and when I
called Amazon the rep. asked me for the DP model # and the location and
phone # of the Lowe's in my area. He put me on hold while he called
Lowe's to confirm the price and after they had he took my order. I got
Lowe's sale price plus 10% of the difference between Lowe's sale price
and Amazon's price which was like $2 but it was a smokin' deal. I ended
up paying about $73 for a DP that I had seen on Amazon for $109 only a
month or two before.

Go ahead and make 'em match....

Lee Valley Tools Ltd.

814 Proctor Avenue

Commerce Park

Ogdensburg, New York

13669

That's where all the mail-orders go. It's also a tax nexus for NY
state...and the address on our shipping labels.

Cheers -

Rob

Brian Elfert

"Robin Lee" writes:

Go ahead and make 'em match....

Lee Valley Tools Ltd.
814 Proctor Avenue
Commerce Park
Ogdensburg, New York
13669

I'm guessing this is a warehouse and wouldn't meet Amazon's
qualifications. Every online seller has a physical presence somewhere.

Brian Elfert

Robin Lee

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
"Robin Lee" writes:

Go ahead and make 'em match....

Lee Valley Tools Ltd.
814 Proctor Avenue
Commerce Park
Ogdensburg, New York
13669

I'm guessing this is a warehouse and wouldn't meet Amazon's
qualifications. Every online seller has a physical presence somewhere.

Brian Elfert

Well - there are 6 people there full-time...

Luigi Zanasi

On Friday 21 Jan 2005 12:05 am, Rob Lee scribbled:

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in
message tone.ca...
In article , Robin Lee
wrote:

For the first time, I can say you're officially on the list...

(and in the top 3)

WOOHOO!

Oops... You should see the look I just got from SWMBO.

No fair! I asked first!

Luigi
Current real email is my first name in lower case while the domain is
yknet dot ca
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
patrick conroy

"Groggy" wrote in message

If these guys had *any* idea of the size of the bun fight this has
caused in far away Australia, and the machinations under way to help

"bun fight"?
Can you help expand the horizon for this poor uneducated, untraveled
Amer'cun?

Rob Lee

wrote:

For the first time, I can say you're officially on the list...

(and in the top 3)

WOOHOO!

Oops... You should see the look I just got from SWMBO.

;-)

--
"The thing about saying the wrong words is that A, I don't notice it, and

B,

Gee - I've been waiting all day for that!

Cheers -

Rob

B Man

You know, LV has erned my business about a million times over. This bessey
deal is just the icing on the cake.

I just wish they sold cars, houses, appliances, TVs, etc. I would never
need to go anywhere else.

Simply, the best retailer I've ever dealt with.

Brian

"John" wrote in message
[...]

Groggy

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:43:36 GMT, "patrick conroy"
wrote:
"bun fight"?
Can you help expand the horizon for this poor uneducated, untraveled
Amer'cun?

"Bun fight" - as in a bunch of guys throwing buns at each other.

Oz term, amongst it's meanings:

a meeting where contentious issues are noisily debated.
A melee,
a turbulent disturbance,
a riot,

One step removed from an all-out **** fight.

colloquially yours,

Groggy

Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:05:21 -0500, "Rob Lee" wrote:

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
stone.ca...
In article , Robin Lee
wrote:

For the first time, I can say you're officially on the list...

(and in the top 3)

WOOHOO!

Oops... You should see the look I just got from SWMBO.

;-)

.... snip

Gee - I've been waiting all day for that!

Cheers -

Rob

Somehow Rob, I don't think *that's* the look he got. :-)

Dave Balderstone

In article , Rob Lee
wrote:

Gee - I've been waiting all day for that!

You've been waiting for a look that sez "Oh, f'ing great... how much
more of a drain on the chequing account is *that* going to be"?

Things are just, well, *different* in Ontario then here, I guess.

;-)

BTW, any timeline for moving from "top three" to "any day now"?

djb

Owen Lawrence

wrote:
"bun fight"?
Can you help expand the horizon for this poor uneducated, untraveled
Amer'cun?

"Bun fight" - as in a bunch of guys throwing buns at each other.

Oz term, amongst it's meanings:

a meeting where contentious issues are noisily debated.
A melee,
a turbulent disturbance,
a riot,

One step removed from an all-out **** fight.

colloquially yours,

Groggy

One my university professors referred to the little afternoon party in the
gym after graduation as the "bun fight". Can't remember if there were any
actual buns there, but plenty of profs loading up on cheese and crackers.

- Owen -

Jim

wrote:

For the first time, I can say you're officially on the list...

(and in the top 3)

WOOHOO!

Oops... You should see the look I just got from SWMBO.

No fair! I asked first!

Hey, I asked for figure eight fasteners almost a year ago!

Robin Lee

wrote:

For the first time, I can say you're officially on the list...

(and in the top 3)

WOOHOO!

Oops... You should see the look I just got from SWMBO.

No fair! I asked first!

Hey, I asked for figure eight fasteners almost a year ago!

Hi Jim -

....saw that....and we added 'em too...!

You're not paying attention!

Cheers -

Rob

Robin Lee

wrote:

Gee - I've been waiting all day for that!

You've been waiting for a look that sez "Oh, f'ing great... how much
more of a drain on the chequing account is *that* going to be"?

Things are just, well, *different* in Ontario then here, I guess.

;-)

BTW, any timeline for moving from "top three" to "any day now"?

djb

--
"The thing about saying the wrong words is that A, I don't notice it, and

B,

.......and I've been waiting all day for that too...!

No - no idea, haven't even gone through the analysis/reasoning with sr staff
here yet...

It's about 6-8 months once we nail down a location though...

Cheers -

Rob

patrick conroy

"Groggy" wrote in message

"Bun fight" - as in a bunch of guys throwing buns at each other.

Oz term, amongst it's meanings:

Gracias! I'll add it to my repertoire in an attempt to sound more worldly!

Scarfinger

wrote:
"bun fight"?
Can you help expand the horizon for this poor uneducated, untraveled
Amer'cun?

"Bun fight" - as in a bunch of guys throwing buns at each other.

Oz term, amongst it's meanings:

a meeting where contentious issues are noisily debated.
A melee,
a turbulent disturbance,
a riot,

One step removed from an all-out **** fight.

colloquially yours,

Groggy

Definition is right, but not necessarily "Oz". The term reminded me
of Jeeves and Wooster, and a quick Google search turned up:
http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bun2.htm

Paul.
John Carlson

My two sets just arrived yesterday. Back ordered but actually shipped
earlier than predicted. These are the first K-bodies I've ever owned.
I don't know how they did it but this is the sale that finally got me
to buy, so now I've got 8 of them.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:58:57 -0500, "B Man" wrote:

As many of you probably know, Lee Valley has a sale on Bessey Clamps - so
long as you order before Jan 29.

(go to http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...1&p=51095&cat= for the
details.

The set that is $125 Canadian has two 12 inch clamps and two 24 inch clamps
and the setup blocks.

My buddy runs a tool store, and says that the cheapest he's ever been able
to get this set for (his cost) is $165.

So how in the world can Lee Valley afford to sell them at $125 ? To make it
worth their while, their cost can't be greater than $100.

Great deal - I've got two sets of clamps on order!

Brian

Published e-mail address is for spam collection only.
If e-mailing me, use jc631 at optonline dot net

-- jc
Dave Balderstone

In article , John Carlson
wrote:

My two sets just arrived yesterday. Back ordered but actually shipped
earlier than predicted. These are the first K-bodies I've ever owned.
I don't know how they did it but this is the sale that finally got me
to buy, so now I've got 8 of them.

I just ordered one set of each... Shipping details are currently:

1. 25"/41" K-Body Clamp Set Promo (17F0601) 1 @ $139.00 - Out of
stock, expected April 8, 2005 *
2. 12"/25" K-Body Clamp Set Promo (17F0600) 1 @ $125.00 - Out of
stock, expected February 28, 2005 *

Worth the wait. I may order again before Jan 29...

GregP

On 20 Jan 2005 15:14:06 GMT, Brian Elfert wrote:

I'm guessing this is a warehouse and wouldn't meet Amazon's
qualifications. Every online seller has a physical presence somewhere.

... unfortunately it's enough to charge sales tax to NY people
(I suggested they move the warehouse to New Hampshire).

I had my first experience with LV this week: put in an order
on Sun night, UPS delivered on Tue morning. Very nice.