tomhooper

Default Most useless power tool you own...

Well I own 2 bandsaws, and sold my table saw to get the second bandsaw.
Table saw sat in the garage for two years, so I sold it. It was my most
useless power tool.
twh

Joe_Stein

I had to think on this one for awhile.
My useless tool is a Craftsman electric nailer. It's not very powerful.
I usually have to use a hammer and maybe a nailset afterward. Someday
I'll have an air powered one like Norm does.
Have fun.
Joe

Silvan

Joe_Stein wrote:

I had to think on this one for awhile.
My useless tool is a Craftsman electric nailer. It's not very powerful.
I usually have to use a hammer and maybe a nailset afterward. Someday
I'll have an air powered one like Norm does.

Good call. Thanks for reminding me I have one of those. Maybe I can find
it and throw it away this time. It's more of a nail setter than a nailer,
and sometimes not even that.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Tom Watson

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 04:01:03 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Joe_Stein wrote:

I had to think on this one for awhile.
My useless tool is a Craftsman electric nailer. It's not very powerful.
I usually have to use a hammer and maybe a nailset afterward. Someday
I'll have an air powered one like Norm does.

Good call. Thanks for reminding me I have one of those. Maybe I can find
it and throw it away this time. It's more of a nail setter than a nailer,
and sometimes not even that.

Mine was more like a "Nail Dispenser".

Kinda like a Pez dispenser that spit out nails - but without the cool
Goofy head.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
ToolMiser

What always bothers me about things like this (not only tools), but doesn't the
manufacturer even try them out. Do they consider the balance of making a few
bucks over what damage it can mean to their name by producing a "dud".

Stephen Young

ToolMiser wrote:
What always bothers me about things like this (not only tools), but doesn't the
manufacturer even try them out. Do they consider the balance of making a few
bucks over what damage it can mean to their name by producing a "dud".

Managers of companies care about 1 thing only - measurables. "I can
measure how many widgets I sell & how much profit is made per unit."
With this info they can show owners that they're "growing" the company.
Hard to argue.
When customers get a dud product they usually don't buy from that
company again. Only a few go to the trouble of getting a complaint to
the right person - owners. Hard to measure.
Repeat cycle.
Owners (if they care about their name) need to get directly with
customers who have issues. No middlemen - quality control, customer
service, etc. These people need to justify their jobs so many times
truths are not reported properly.

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:25:44 -0500, Stephen Young
wrote:

ToolMiser wrote:
[...]

Precisely.
The smart companies realize they're ultimately in business to serve
their customers. The dumb ones think they're in business to serve the
bean counters.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.

Underground wiring questions... guest987 Home Repair 52 February 2nd 05 01:52 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Last "consumer" power tool plant moves to China John Normile Metalworking 0 December 1st 04 08:31 PM
Anyone Used Sorby Texture and Spiraling Tool Ken Vaughn Woodturning 23 June 8th 04 04:13 AM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM