Big John

Default How to convert Mod 26 Shaper to Use Router Bits

I purchased sometime back but have never used, a powermatic model 26
shaper. It is in good shape and has a 5hp, 3ph motor. I can use my
3ph to single ph inverter and run it the same as I do my table saw.

I would like to use my router bits. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, John
Marty

PM sells an adapter for this, but it's pretty expensive, $150 I think.

Also check www.cggschmidt.com. I think they carry one that is about $100.

Don't expect good results with small bits. I have a PM 26 also. The
spindle turns at 10k rpm at most, which won't give good results with bits
that require higher rpm.