J.B. Bobbitt

Default thin card scapers

Lee Valley sells a set of card scrapers that are much thinner than the usual
ones (0.25 mm vs. 06 to 0.8 mm).

Have any of you used them? Is there an advantage? Any insight?

Thanks a heap,
-jbb

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 17:16:53 GMT, "J.B. Bobbitt"
calmly ranted:

Lee Valley sells a set of card scrapers that are much thinner than the usual
ones (0.25 mm vs. 06 to 0.8 mm).

Have any of you used them? Is there an advantage? Any insight?

I got their set with all thicknesses and ALWAYS seem to migrate
to the thicker two cards. Supposedly, the thinner cards can be
used for lighter-weight work but I haven't noticed any difference
between using a thick card lightly or using the thinner card.

Damn, the snow load just became thick enough to take down my satellite
connection again. Wow, the flakes are about an inch and a half in
diameter. It's truly lovely, 'cept for the ramifications of said
powder: I have to go on the side of the roof again with my sprayer
and melt some more snow to get this message sent. sigh Luckily,
it took only 10 minutes this second time. I left the ladder up.

---
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -
http://diversify.com Web Applications

Patriarch

"J.B. Bobbitt" wrote in
:

Lee Valley sells a set of card scrapers that are much thinner than the
usual ones (0.25 mm vs. 06 to 0.8 mm).

Have any of you used them? Is there an advantage? Any insight?

Thanks a heap,
-jbb

I've used the thin LN scraper, and like it. It doesn't replace the thicker
ones. It's more flexible, and I can get it sharper, for some reason.

The surface of the wood is more glassy, but there is a tendency to have it
not be quite so flat.

If you can swing the relatively small investment, I'd suggest you get both.

Patriarch,
thinking he should have ordered a couple fo gooseneck scrapers with the
last LV order...
Patriarch

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip
Damn, the snow load just became thick enough to take down my satellite
connection again. Wow, the flakes are about an inch and a half in
diameter. It's truly lovely, 'cept for the ramifications of said
powder: I have to go on the side of the roof again with my sprayer
and melt some more snow to get this message sent. sigh Luckily,
it took only 10 minutes this second time. I left the ladder up.

The price you pay to get high speed and live in the boonies, relatively
speaking....

15 years ago, I had a 3m dish, to get television better. In the mountains
of Utah, it wasn't unusual to have to clear out the snow load, to get
weekend football.

The cost of simultaneous isolation and constant communication gets lower
every year.

Patriarch,
who now only looks for the realistic illusion of being in control of his
life...