Dan Valleskey

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 05:30:45 GMT, mac davis
wrote:

bar stools make great lathe chisel rests.. *g*

you mean I'm not the only one that does that?

-Dan V.

Edwin Pawlowski

"ToolMiser" wrote in message
I thought is was only my shop that had problems with "stuff" landing on
most
horizontal surfaces. I did mount a TV on the wall, there are plenty of
times I
am not running machines where I like to have on a show. I don't think
many
people are injured because they have a TV on while sanding, picking up the
shop, or just thinking (I don't get accused of doing that very much).

Thee is a new product put out by a company called TV Stop. The way it
works, the TV is wired to the blade of your table saw. As soon as wood
contacts the blade, the TV is tossed to the floor so as not to distract you.
They have been trying to license the product to all table saw makers, but so
far with little luck. The government is going to mandate that all power
tools be equipped with TV Stop in 2006.

Coming soon, Beer Stop.

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:35:47 GMT, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Thee is a new product put out by a company called TV Stop. The way it
works, the TV is wired to the blade of your table saw. As soon as wood
contacts the blade, the TV is tossed to the floor so as not to distract you.

Fantastic! Where can I buy one?

They have been trying to license the product to all table saw makers, but so
far with little luck. The government is going to mandate that all power
tools be equipped with TV Stop in 2006.

Shouldn't it, you know, work first?

Coming soon, Beer Stop.

Not a bad idea, that one.

Swingman

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

works, the TV is wired to the blade of your table saw. As soon as wood
contacts the blade, the TV is tossed to the floor so as not to distract

you.

Damned expensive this cutting wood is going to be. I am sure the owner is
altruistic in that he only wants to protect you from exposure to ED, Vioxx
and other dangerous drugs, right?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Old Nick

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:49:56 -0500, "Kyle Boatright"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

What do you want a TV and DVD in the shop for? Learning videos?

How do I keep dust out of a TV and DVD I plan to install in my shop? I'm
sure someone has been there before...

Thanks in advance.

Mark Jerde

Old Nick wrote:

What do you want a TV and DVD in the shop for? Learning videos?

On Sundays during the holy season I like to take the portable TV in the shop
to watch the Washington Redskins while I'm puttering. Most of this season
I've had to turn the sound down and it hasn't been a distraction at all,
unfortunately. :-(

-- Mark

Allyn Vaughn

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 03:09:01 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

Old Nick wrote:

What do you want a TV and DVD in the shop for? Learning videos?

On Sundays during the holy season I like to take the portable TV in the shop
to watch the Washington Redskins while I'm puttering. Most of this season
I've had to turn the sound down and it hasn't been a distraction at all,
unfortunately. :-(

-- Mark

Being a 49'er fan, this year has been a breeze in the shop!

Allyn

sandman

In article BHMxd.19322$F25.9118@okepread07, "RonB"
wrote:

Just a thought:

Drinking.........................Driving
Television.......................Woodshop Power Tools

Excellent thought.
Prometheus

wrote:

bar stools make great lathe chisel rests.. *g*

They also work all right for bench grinders, and they're easy to
clean!

you mean I'm not the only one that does that?

-Dan V.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam