Steve Knight

Default Metric brad-point drill bit

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:55:53 -0800, "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
et wrote:

On 12/11/2004 6:38 PM Joe wrote:

Did you look at McMaster Carr?

Yes I did - something like $34 for one 14mm brad point bit. Lee Valley
(thanks, Nova) has 'em for eight clams.

but you get it the next day so it's not so bad.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

et wrote:

On 12/11/2004 6:38 PM Joe wrote:

Did you look at McMaster Carr?

Yes I did - something like $34 for one 14mm brad point bit. Lee Valley
(thanks, Nova) has 'em for eight clams.

but you get it the next day so it's not so bad.

True, true. But that $8 Lee Valley item is eight CANADIAN smackers.
Comes to $5.50 US. It's worth the wait.

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
Jim L.

Greetings-
I assume 9/16 is not close enough ? 0.5625 vs. 0.5512.

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott
et wrote in message
I'm looking for a 14mm brad-point bit. Rockler is sold out until
February. Who else is a good source for things like this?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
------------------------------------
Today's Deep Thought:

The four stages of life:
1) You believe in Santa Claus.
2) You don't believe in Santa Claus.
3) You are Santa Claus.
4) You look like Santa Claus.
------------------------------------

On 12/13/2004 1:54 PM Jim L. wrote:

Greetings-
I assume 9/16 is not close enough ? 0.5625 vs. 0.5512.

It's for a metric barrel hinge. Mfgr sez the fit has to be just right.
Hate to see the door fall off -- as there is no fallback position -- so
I'll stick with the mfgr's recommendation on this one.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
John

Lee Valley in their latest catalog has metric brad point drill bits

John

On 12/14/2004 5:07 PM John wrote:

Lee Valley in their latest catalog has metric brad point drill bits

Yup, and that's who I ordered from. At a pretty good price, too.

--

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
------------------------------------
Today's Deep Thought:

Asante Sana! Squash banana! We we nuga! Mi mi apana!
-- Rafiki (The Lion King)
------------------------------------
Robert Larson

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
I'm looking for a 14mm brad-point bit. Rockler is sold out until
February. Who else is a good source for things like this?

Any of our distributors can obtain a 14mm brad point drill for you. We
are in stock on this item at this time. Email me your zipcode and I'll
see if we have a dealer near you.

On 12/20/2004 10:16 PM Robert Larson wrote:

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

I'm looking for a 14mm brad-point bit. Rockler is sold out until
February. Who else is a good source for things like this?

Any of our distributors can obtain a 14mm brad point drill for you. We
are in stock on this item at this time. Email me your zipcode and I'll
see if we have a dealer near you.

Robert Larson

Thanks, Robert -- Lee Valley has them for about US$ 5.50, I ordered one
a week ago.