John Gilham/Patsy Scott

Default We're coming home!!!!!

After 3 years living in a "non-aligned" country, I am moving my little tribe
back to the USof A. We bought our house and sent off the papers for my
wife's visa today. With any luck, I should be buying my new shop in about 4
months. Look out North Carolina, Johnnie is marching home.

Yippee
John

--
The Toymaker
Quality Puzzles & Wooden Toys

Upscale

"John Gilham/Patsy Scott" wrote in message
After 3 years living in a "non-aligned" country, I am moving my little

tribe
back to the USof A. We bought our house and sent off the papers for my
wife's visa today. With any luck, I should be buying my new shop in about

4
months. Look out North Carolina, Johnnie is marching home.

Which "non-aligned" country might that be?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

John Gilham/Patsy Scott wrote:
Look out North Carolina, Johnnie is marching home.

Welcome back to God's Country. Where in North Carolina?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

George

"John Gilham/Patsy Scott" wrote in message
After 3 years living in a "non-aligned" country, I am moving my little

tribe
back to the USof A. We bought our house and sent off the papers for my
wife's visa today. With any luck, I should be buying my new shop in about

4
months. Look out North Carolina, Johnnie is marching home.

The song, however, was definitely "aligned" - to the North!

Might want to look up the lyrics to "Dixie" if the pressure groups still
allow it to be played.

Olebiker

Better brush up on what's been going on in NASCAR if you're going to be
living in NC. My cousin in Raleigh tells me that they teach their
children to count this way: One, two, Earnhardt....

Dick Durbin

mac davis

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:01:10 +1300, "John Gilham/Patsy Scott"
wrote:

After 3 years living in a "non-aligned" country, I am moving my little tribe
back to the USof A. We bought our house and sent off the papers for my
wife's visa today. With any luck, I should be buying my new shop in about 4
months. Look out North Carolina, Johnnie is marching home.

Yippee
John

Congrats, John!!
If you were going to be closer to the left coast, we could get
together and swap Aussie jokes.. *g*
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

patrick conroy wrote:
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
om...

Welcome back to God's Country.

Uhh, he said N.C., not Wisconsin...

Precisely.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:56:35 GMT, patrick conroy wrote:

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
om...

Welcome back to God's Country.

Uhh, he said N.C., not Wisconsin...

I was thinking the same thing.

George

"patrick conroy" wrote in message

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
om...

Welcome back to God's Country.

Uhh, he said N.C., not Wisconsin...

Sorry. I even have the T-Shirt with the caption "God's area code is 906" and
the proper outline....

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

J T wrote:
In any event, North Carolina isn't a bad place to be. Jeez, I've
been here 25 years already. Damn. And they still call me a Yankee.
LMAO

After only 25 years, you're lucky they don't call you a Damned Yankee.

Fergit? Hell!

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Morris Dovey

J T wrote:

I'm not sure, with the "non-aligned" he could be meaning
California.

What a wonderful bit of insight! (and possibly a really good
/triple/ entendre [not to find fault or anything])

In any event, North Carolina isn't a bad place to be. Jeez, I've
been here 25 years already. Damn. And they still call me a Yankee.

Don't feel bad. I'm originally from Georgia; and they still make
me "re-qualify" when I go back to visit.

BTW, yankeehood doesn't normally wear off and there's no known
cure. (-8

Actually, NC is a really /good/ place. Unlike most of Iowa, NC
actually has real live forests (with trees and everything!)

Strange thing for me to latch onto - but I remember being able to
buy milk in North Carolina stores that was richer than I ever
found in any other part of the country, including the "Dairy State."

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:26:16 +1300, "John Gilham/Patsy Scott"
wrote:

New Zealand
"Upscale" wrote in message

"John Gilham/Patsy Scott" wrote in message
After 3 years living in a "non-aligned" country, I am moving my little

tribe
back to the USof A. We bought our house and sent off the papers for my
wife's visa today. With any luck, I should be buying my new shop in
about

4
months. Look out North Carolina, Johnnie is marching home.

Which "non-aligned" country might that be?

I thought New Zealand was aligned kind of Southwest to Northeast

:-)
Morris Dovey

J T wrote:

Now if we could just stop those people from NY and NJ from
moving in down here and spoiling the neighborhood. Ask them
where they're from and tkey'll always say NY, or NJ, just like
they were visiting down here.

Interesting point. Perhaps the real (underlying) question is
actually: "Are you a committed community member/steward, or are
you just here because you're not somewhere else?"

When you answer that it's been your home for 20+ years, there's a
reasonable chance that you /might/ be a committed community
member (/might/ because you did, after all, leave the place you
were before) - an answer of NY or NJ would seem to deny that this
is where home and heart are and imply: "I'm here because I'm not
somewhere up north."

I've found that small town and rural areas of Minnesota and Iowa
are much the same; and there's growing concern because here we
have some of the most productive farm land in the *world* and
it's being subdivided and paved over at an ever accelerating pace.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

John Gilham/Patsy Scott

Well, I just wanted to say that we chose the Hickory area because we wanted
to be close to a large city, but still have the peace and quiet of a rural
area. Also, my son is now in Charleston learning to operate nuclear
reactors for the Navy and he will in all probablilty be sent to the George W
Bush when it is ready. That will be based in Norfolk. I have family in
Pennsylvania (but I don't want that cold a winter) so we thought NC would be
nice.

Plus, my great-great-grandfather and uncles fought for the South...

John
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
J T wrote:

[...]

Charlie Self

JOAT notes:

Now if we could just stop those people from NY and NJ from moving
in down here and spoiling the neighborhood. Ask them where they're
from and tkey'll always say NY, or NJ, just like they were visiting down
here. Damn Yankees.

Hell, I'm from NY, and I've been in this area of VA for over 27 years now. I'm
told I still sound NY, but I'm not looking to return. I've done my moving.

But, then, my mother's family is VIrginian, has been since beforfe the
Revolution, and, tales say, the first Self (spelled Selfe then, which is the
way on SIL still spells it), landed in VA about 1653.

Might even be true. It still wouldn't shut up all these Scots-Irish Johnny Come
Latelys who didn't get here until 1750s.

Charlie Self
"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." Mark Twain
Charlie Self

Silvan responds:

Charlie Self wrote:

Might even be true. It still wouldn't shut up all these Scots-Irish Johnny
Come Latelys who didn't get here until 1750s.

Hey now!

Don't sweat it. The other part of my father's reputed family was waiting here
to offer the first Selfe, and everyone else, the Indian's gift: a peace pipe
full of that wonderful herb, tobacco. Talk about getting even in advance!

Charlie Self
"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." Mark Twain
GregP

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:33:19 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

So all those folks in blue that mah granddaddy shot in the late
unpleasantness were what? He sure thought they were "Yankees". No, I take
that back--those guys were "damnyankees", which I was taught to believe was
synonymous with "Yankees" but maybe I was mistaken.

So what were they, Dodger fans ?