Default tool gloat, gloat

Yesterday I spotted an Amana 8" stacked dado set at one of the local
pawns, still mostly padded from a recent sharpening (or maybe largely
unused?). Resisted the immediate urge. It was only $40.

Went back today, it was still there. Picked it up, and a metal Makita
drill index (sized just right to fit my cordless case, and mostly-full
of sharp bits) marked at $7.50. When I asked what their best price for
the lot was, the guy said "$37.50". My wallet opened really fast.

Not everything was as it first seemed: one of the chippers was missing
a carbide tip; got a new one ordered for another $37.50. Still, that's
not too bad a deal, huh?

Dan

Thanks, Barry, I'll look into having it replaced. There are very few
sharpening shops around here (mid-MO), but I'll look around.

Dan

Thanks again, Barry. I just sent both a query by e-mail. Redrock is
probably closer, maybe on the way to the SWMBO-in-law's. Gotta get a
map out. G

Dan

Anyone Used Sorby Texture and Spiraling Tool Ken Vaughn Woodturning 23 June 8th 04 04:13 AM
Tool Gloat MIke Metalworking 1 May 16th 04 07:14 AM
Tool Gloat SteveC1280 Woodworking 6 May 14th 04 07:09 PM
Tool Gloat from Local Pawn Shop Lawrence L'Hote Woodworking 3 May 3rd 04 03:39 AM