Default tool gloat, gloat

Yesterday I spotted an Amana 8" stacked dado set at one of the local
pawns, still mostly padded from a recent sharpening (or maybe largely
unused?). Resisted the immediate urge. It was only $40.

Went back today, it was still there. Picked it up, and a metal Makita
drill index (sized just right to fit my cordless case, and mostly-full
of sharp bits) marked at $7.50. When I asked what their best price for
the lot was, the guy said "$37.50". My wallet opened really fast.

Not everything was as it first seemed: one of the chippers was missing
a carbide tip; got a new one ordered for another $37.50. Still, that's
not too bad a deal, huh?

Dan