robdingnagian1

Default Woodsmith Anniversary Squares

Did anybody else order the anniversary squares from Woodsmith that were
supposed to be delivered by Father's Day? I ordered the complete set of
three for about $100.00. They have had a series of postponements and
send out a note about them every three or four months. They also sent
out a copy of their Jigs and Fixtures magazine as an apology.

I would like to know if anybody has received them yet? Are they worth
the wait? Is anybody else still waiting?

They look nice and so far, I have only had to dish out about 20-25%. I
don't feel that they pulled a scam or anything but I have held off
buying other nice squares because I don't want to have a couple hundred
dollars invested in squares. Opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Eric T

Edwin Pawlowski

"robdingnagian1" wrote in message
supposed to be delivered by Father's Day?

They look nice and so far, I have only had to dish out about 20-25%. I
don't feel that they pulled a scam

Opinions would be appreciated.

Well, since you asked . . . . . . . .
Father's Day was June. It is now December. Time to move on.

Mike in Mystic

I was curious what was so special about these things, but I guess there was
a deadline to order them. Anyway, I found a thread here
(http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1023698&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

and a bunch of people that bought them received them in July, so if you're
still waiting I'd be pretty ticked off and call Woodsmith demanding
something more than a free magazine. This is even more reason to cancel, in
my opinion (from that same thread):

"Got mine today. Very pretty. And I'm sending them back.

One isn't square. The blades are not ground flat, they curl up on both ends.
And the scales are off. And couldn't they knock the sharp corners off the
brass?

Since I was planing on using them, and not displaying them on a sheft I
don't see any reason to keep them.

I got two sets, one for me and one as a present and they're both got the
same problems.

bummer."

Guess it's up to you if they're worth it or not.

Mike

robdingnagian1

Mike in Mystic wrote:
[...]

That was the reason for the delay. There was a huge quality issue with
the ones that were sent out and they received a lot more orders than
they expected. They mentioned that in their letters. They basically
re-did all the ones that were sent out initially and got pretty far
behind. There are plenty of companies out there that would have gone
with the inferior product and left it at that. I'm actually impressed
that they are hellbent to get them right. If this were some fly by
night operation, I would have definitely accepted their offer to cancel
months ago. I do think that Woodsmith and August Home Publishing are
very reputable and not likely to screw me on this. So far, they're
sitting on $20 or $25 of my money. I could get it back, but haven't
been convinced yet. I'm pretty much done woodworking for the winter and
don't really need them immediately.
Thanks for the reference to the post. I'll read that thread.

Eric T

Richard Clements

robdingnagian1 wrote:

Did anybody else order the anniversary squares from Womanufacturingwere
supposed to be delivered by Father's Day? I ordered the complete set of
three for about $100.00. They have had a series of postponements and
send out a note about them every three or four months. They also sent
out a copy of their Jigs and Fixtures magazine as an apology.

I would like to know if anybody has received them yet? Are they worth
the wait? Is anybody else still waiting?

They look nice and so far, I have only had to dish out about 20-25%. I
don't feel that they pulled a scam or anything but I have held off
buying other nice squares because I don't want to have a couple hundred
dollars invested in squares. Opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Eric T

Got a buddy that ordered them, they sent him a letter saying they where
having manufacturing problems, and sent him a free router book back on
July.