Sam Berlyn

Default Mitre Saw Station / Table / Unit

Hi,

Yesterday, I came accross a mitre saw unit picture with plans.

In ABPW I have put a cross section titled "mitre saw table"

Please could you lead me to the original website, as today I cannot, for the
life of me find it.

Cheers,

Sam

Charles Spitzer

"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
Hi,

Yesterday, I came accross a mitre saw unit picture with plans.

In ABPW I have put a cross section titled "mitre saw table"

Please could you lead me to the original website, as today I cannot, for
the
life of me find it.

Cheers,

Sam

this one? http://christophermerrill.net/ww/pla...l_Stand_1.html

Mike Marlow

"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
Hi,

Yesterday, I came accross a mitre saw unit picture with plans.

In ABPW I have put a cross section titled "mitre saw table"

Please could you lead me to the original website, as today I cannot, for

the
life of me find it.

Hey Sam. Just curious - why do you need plans? You'll usually have to
build it to suit since miter saws are not built the same way and you'll have
to size anything you build to your saw. As far as design goes, the basic
design is a unit that the saw sits into, and has extensions to both sides
that are the same exact height as the bed of the saw. Simple measuring and
careful cutting. Lay up a fence on each of the extensions that matches up
to the saw fence and you're off and running. Ummmm...or were you talking
about something else?
--

-Mike-

Sam Berlyn

No that's it Mike, thanks for the idea about the fence, i'd forgotten that
it!

Thanks,

Sam

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
[...]

Mike Marlow

"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
No that's it Mike, thanks for the idea about the fence, i'd forgotten that
it!

Hey Sam - just for giggles...

What I did was take an old gas grill that had outlived its usefulness and
chucked everything except the frame assembly. Cleaned the frame all up,
painted it a proper shade of grey and then began building it into a miter
saw station on wheels. Essentially I built the assembly I suggested to you
in my previous post and it works fine. Rolls around, stores in the same
amount of space that it used to take up as a gas grill and even has a small
amount of storage space on the bottom.

--

-Mike-

mac davis

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 02:56:29 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
No that's it Mike, thanks for the idea about the fence, i'd forgotten that
it!

Hey Sam - just for giggles...

What I did was take an old gas grill that had outlived its usefulness and
chucked everything except the frame assembly. Cleaned the frame all up,
painted it a proper shade of grey and then began building it into a miter
saw station on wheels. Essentially I built the assembly I suggested to you
in my previous post and it works fine. Rolls around, stores in the same
amount of space that it used to take up as a gas grill and even has a small
amount of storage space on the bottom.

and I thought that I was the only one that cheap!
my sears benchtop saw used to be clamped to the top of the old
charbroil carcass...
Mike Marlow

wrote:

"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
No that's it Mike, thanks for the idea about the fence, i'd forgotten

that
it!

Hey Sam - just for giggles...

What I did was take an old gas grill that had outlived its usefulness and
chucked everything except the frame assembly. Cleaned the frame all up,
painted it a proper shade of grey and then began building it into a miter
saw station on wheels. Essentially I built the assembly I suggested to

you
in my previous post and it works fine. Rolls around, stores in the same
amount of space that it used to take up as a gas grill and even has a

small
amount of storage space on the bottom.

and I thought that I was the only one that cheap!
my sears benchtop saw used to be clamped to the top of the old
charbroil carcass...

Not just cheap, man... lazy. It was a lot faster to throw that together
than to build a nice one out of wood.
--

-Mike-

Table or Mitre Saw? SB Woodworking 30 November 22nd 04 10:30 PM
I have limited space, need a table that will accomodate different tools that I can adjust to the height of my workbench Eugene Woodworking 9 August 13th 04 07:32 AM
New bandsaw saga PartII (long) Bruce Woodworking 0 December 30th 03 06:41 PM
Jet table saw table out of tolerance Bob Davis Woodworking 3 October 21st 03 05:54 PM